n00b

Options
Hi! I'm Skye!

I am brand new to the board and comparatively new to planned weight loss. I say "comparatively" because I did lose 80+ lbs around year 2000 (Herbalife, ugh) but gained it all back during the following decade. I happily sat at 240/250 for a number of years because I was exercising 3-4 times per week and I felt good. I knew that most diets result in yo-yoing and that's really bad for the bod, so I embraced the skin I was in. Then, in 2010, I had my second son and packed on about 40 more pounds. They do not feel so good.

In addition, my young son is tiny for his age and has both asthma and eczema. We went (mostly) gluten free last Spring to see if we could heal him and it does seem to have helped. Now, it's time to cut out all of the refined carbs and see what happens. He will keep eating organic yogurt for a time but I am off dairy.

Anyway, here I am. I'm hoping that this community will give me the extra middle-of-the-night support that I need. Please friend me if you think we might be able to support one another :-)

Replies

• dreams4sale
    Options
    There are non dairy yogurts you can try if you want to continue eating it. Coconut yogurt is super low in calories (and consequently protein) and greek almond yogurt is fairly low in calories and has a good amount of protein.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    you-rang-o.gif
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    copyright.jpg
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Came here expecting to see a resurrection of sorts. Leaving only slightly disappointed. Hi _John_!

ETA: spellin