Patterns in bowel habit before big weight loss?

Options
Hi guys, Have any of you noticed any particular habits or patterns with your bowel movements right before you lose a few pounds? I have noticed this many times with my weight loss and I am wondering if it's a common thing?

Replies

• fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I was going to post this awhile back and... chickened out. I am very in tune with my body and track anything and everything related to my body and health - and I notice that I may skip a bowel movement or two before a significant drop in weight.
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I used to be very regular...now, i tend to get backed up...and then clean out. And yes, it seems to be related to impending weight loss.
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've noticed the opposite (but related) pattern. When I get "stuck" on the scale, it seems to be when I'm also "stuck" in, shall we say, throughput.
  • hookemhorns2013
    Options
    I get stuck on the scale for about a week - 2 weeks then all of a sudden a massive "clean out" hits and the next morning I am 3-4 pounds lighter. Then I start losing again for a while. It happens very consistently this way.

Probably important to note that I am re-losing 60 lbs I gained back that's way my ticker only says 3 lbs. I started at 202 and lost down to 192 before starting mfp.