Ripped in 30?

Options
I started the 30 Day Shred in January without weights, I started the 30DS over again this month with weights and I'm really liking the results. I just love the circuit training, I really want to check out the Ripped in 30 but I've heard a lot of mixed reviews. A lot of women seem to be disappointed with the lack of results, which is really confusing because it *seems* like it would be a harder workout... so naturally more drastic results? Right? Maybe...? No? Haha.

Does anyone have any personal experience with the R30? How did you like it? Would it be a smart step up from the 30DS or do you have any better suggestions?

Replies

• SwampWitch666
    SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    2py8g2o.jpg
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I've actually heard the opposite--that lots of people have gotten better results with Ripped than with the shred. Personally, I completed the shred in December and bought Ripped in 30 with the intention of doing it alongside T25, but I ended up just doing T25. For some reason it just wasn't as appealing to me anymore once I started working out with Shaun T… I think maybe Jillian's slower pace or something? I'm not sure. This isn't really a critique of the workout itself though, rather just my personal taste. I did find level one of Ripped to be more challenging than level one of the shred. If you like Jillian and you want to stick with her, I would go for it :)
  • cerulence
    cerulence Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like Ri30 way more than 30DS. I like the workouts better and the fact that there are four levels. I'm seeing more result with ripped too! I don't know if it's really helpful, though, because everyone is different and what works for me might not work for someone else.
  • kristyrae24
    kristyrae24 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I agree, I like RI30 way more! I'm on week 2 day 4 right now and have already seen some amazing results from RI30. I don't know if I would ever do 30DS again now that I have done RI30.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm starting d1 of level 4 tomorrow and I have had no inches lost from any part of me so far. I'm not overly impressed and much preferred 30ds for results. I'll finish the week though but dont anticipate a miracle in 6 days that would result in an inch and weight loss like I saw in 30ds.

I'd say you are going gave to try and see for yourself as you are getting mixed reviews here. Good luck. :)
  • SwampWitch666
    Options
    It's amazing how much results/preferences vary, I'll definitely be buying RI30 after I'm done with my weighted 30DS in March and compare.
    :O
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    RIPPED IN 30 KICKS MY *kitten* NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I DO IT AND I CAN SEE RESULTS BY THE END OF THE WEEK.

sorry, caps was very necessary for that!!!:heart::laugh:
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    If you're not getting results you're not doing it right. Increase your weights, push HARDER. You can ALWAYS make it harder and do more.
  • SwampWitch666
    Options
    RIPPED IN 30 KICKS MY *kitten* NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I DO IT AND I CAN SEE RESULTS BY THE END OF THE WEEK.

sorry, caps was very necessary for that!!!:heart::laugh:

I can't wait for March, the more reviews I read, the more excited I get! This is going to suck so good.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I like Ripped in 30 much more than 30DS. I've done it 3x already before moving on to Body Revolution. RI30 is tough, but if you got through 30DS you'll be fine and appreciate that she chages things up more frequently.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I was very disappointed with RI30... I ended up doing 30DS for a third time last year because the results were worth my time. Time is precious
  • Resolve2B
    Resolve2B Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It might depend on your preference for "format" as well as your main objective(s).

I've just started working with JM DVD's so don't have a long term analysis to offer, but I didn't care for the 3-2-1 format of Rin30. I think it's probably great if you are looking to burn a lot of calories. My objective was primarily to get toned and build some strength so I didn't care for those 2 minutes of cardio in each circuit of the 30 minute workout. I did the first 2 levels of Rin30...they weren't easy by any means but "doable"....then on Monday I did 50 minutes of No More Trouble Zones and have been living on Advil the past two days!! Every muscle in my body is still complaining as I write this.
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off doing ripped in 30 but definitely going to do it right starting sunday march 2
    anyone interested in motivating each other?? Add me!
  • amber6108
    amber6108 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Starting Ripped in 30 today! Anyone else?
  • SmooMurd
    SmooMurd Posts: 9
    Options
    I just started Ripped in 30 for the first time this week too! Just finished week 1, starting week 2 tomorrow....
  • Shortontime
    Shortontime Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How did it go? Did you like it
  • sabshilpa
    sabshilpa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Done with 30DS and RI30.. no evident weight loss.. but LOADS of inches! I can wear clothes I never imagined I could fit into without looking weird! :D But OMG.. week 4 is a killer! Also, TOTALLY worth it! :)