new years challenge

1235»

Replies

• ok so im kinda upset i decided to eye ball a serving of fruit loops this am. and theni ate it then i went back and measured what i had eye balled ( went and pour another bowl and then measured) IM SHOCKED that it was 3 CUPS!!!!!!! thats crazy!!! and iwasnt even full. im very upset and i thought i was ready to eyeball food yah know! LOL but apparently not with cereal i do good with other things. i think im done with cereal any way you dont get much in a serving and its not as filling and its just basicly a waste of calories with a crap load of sugar, i would rather stick with 1/2 cup of of oatmeal with some fruit that will fill me up with less added sugar. or an egg turkey sausage whole wheat burrito with some salsa.
    does anyone have any ideas for a good low cal lunch today that is not a salad? i dont have any salad
  • It's a little late for lunch at this point (8 p.m. here in California) but I've been eating a lot of soup lately. Our local Costco (2 hours away!) has had two packs of Cedar Lane Chopped Vegetable and Barley Soup -- 80 calories a cup but very filling. It's got a lot of veggies in it so it takes a while to eat, which helps keep me from eating out of boredom/too much time on my hands.

As for eyeballing food -- I'm horrible at it. I keep downsizing my plates and bowls to help me keep things in perspective. I also eat a lot of the same stuff day after day. For cereal, I use a small custard cup, fill it with shredded wheat, add some plain nonfat yogurt and a teaspoon of jam and call it breakfast (or eat a Clif Bar if I'm short on time). I'm better if I have a routine and am not left to my devices too much. Once I start trying to eat or cook new things, it's easy for me to slip up.
  • racharla
    racharla Posts: 92 Member
    'M IN :-)

CW - 224 lbs
    new year goal - 210 lbs
  • Well it is Wednesday Dec. 1st and I am here to weigh in :smile:
    Last Wednesday I was at 410
    Today my scale read 408.5 !!
    Next weigh-in will be Wednesday Dec. 8th

~Strong Heart♥
    GREAT JOB!!!! keep up the great work!!
  • StrongHeart
    StrongHeart Posts: 293 Member
    Eyes still on the goal to be 399.5 or LESS by January 1st 2011 :smile:
    ~♥ ~♥~ ♥~ ♥~ ♥ ~♥ ~♥ ~♥~ ♥ ~
  • StrongHeart
    I made a dent in my goal for Jan 1. :smile:
    My weight at the beginning of this challenge = 410
    My current weight as of 12/8/10 = 401.5
    Jan. 1st Goal: 399
  • StrongHeart
    I made a dent in my goal for Jan 1. :smile:
    ~StrongHeart

I am changing my January 1st goal to 395 since this morning I officially hit my 399.5 goal BEFORE Christmas! :happy:
  • I made a dent in my goal for Jan 1. :smile:
    ~StrongHeart

I am changing my January 1st goal to 395 since this morning I officially hit my 399.5 goal BEFORE Christmas! :happy:
    great job! so excited for you! keep it up
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    hello everyone! it's has been awhile since i visited this group. i reached my new years goal of 176 already!! Woot!! Woot! i'm so excited but the journey continues. i wish everyone luck!
  • im still at 233. my goal was 226 . i think im going to change it to 230. since we have like 3 weeks to go! i would rather have it come of slowly........
    and also i guess this pepsi infront of me is not helping,
    i have an appt on tuesday for a aweight loss chat with my dr. idk how im going to go because i have all the kids here on christmas break. and there is no way i can take 5 kids. under 8 to the dr with me. esp since its very important to me. i want to beable to talk to her with out kids interruppting or someone throwing a fit. and my dr office is very slow because they are busy! so i know im going to be there a while.
This discussion has been closed.