Question for all my MFP-ers!!!

sweetie89207
sweetie89207 Posts: 361
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
i am looking for something filling and good to eat that wont make much of a dent in my calorie count. so i am asking all of your help to compile some of your favorite low calorie (under 200 cals) snacks that you like making/eating and that will fill you up (at least for a little while lol).

So essentially im looking for something tasty and low in calories i can fill up on (its getting old eating spinach all the time just because its super low in cals! haha)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks fellow MFP-ers! hope all of your journeys are going smoothly!

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    my favorite low cal snack lately has been low fat cottage cheese and peaches!
    fiber one cottage cheese is my fav :D
    high in protien, fiber, and nutrients
    delicious! hehe
  • my favorite low cal snack lately has been low fat cottage cheese and peaches!
    fiber one cottage cheese is my fav :D
    high in protien, fiber, and nutrients
    delicious! hehe

yea that sounds good! oh btw i LOVED doug when it was on TV!!! haha
  • pamelasusan
    pamelasusan Posts: 90 Member
    Greek yogurt

Vita Muffin Tops
  • Naomi91
    Doug was one of my favorites!
    Ironically I loved captain planet too haha I have a planteer action figure on my wall at home!!

Since i am posting again i might as well put another food xD

hmm...

Something else that fills me up in warm soup, some very low in cals and soo yummy such as
    french onion soup ~ 30 cals
    Veggie broth ~ 15 cals
    Tomato soup ~ 120 cals
    Anything by the brand Nile Spice is amazing, these are very high in fiber (sometimes 12g!) and protien.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Doug was one of my favorites!
    Ironically I loved captain planet too haha I have a planteer action figure on my wall at home!!

hmm...

Something else that fills me up in warm soup, some very low in cals and soo yummy such as
    Veggie broth ~ 15 cals
    Tomato soup ~ 120 cals
    Anything by the brand Nile Spice is amazing, these are very high in fiber (sometimes 12g!) and protien.

Ditto on the French Onion soup! It's 50 cals per serving (Progresso) though. What brand is 30?

Also, this seems too easy to be true - but a serving of baby carrots (around 10) and about 10 cucumber slices with 2 tbs hummus all for around 100 cals. I generally lose interest in raw veggies but hummus has opened up a whole new world for my tastebuds! And it seems like the snack goes quite a ways.
  • Doug was one of my favorites!

hmm...

Veggie broth ~ 15 cals
    Tomato soup ~ 120 cals

totally- my high school ring is blue and i always mimic the old CP days - especially when someone has a colored ring haha!

i'll have to look for that brand- i work at a grocery store so i should b able to find it haha and im all about the high protein low cal!
  • oh totally- hummus is like one of my favorite things (sound of music reference! haha)
  • racharla
    racharla Posts: 92 Member
    Bean sprouts ... its just cal and protein ... but they taste too plain .. can add a little pepper or some spices to make them taste better
  • I second the humus idea of sweetie 89207. try the different flavor ones from trader joe's for variety. I also like to eat dry seaweed when I have a salt cravings.
  • I'm eating massive amounts of lettuce and cucumbers but it's not doing the trick either, I always end up still hungry... The only way I've managed to make it work is when I add chicken or turkey to it.
  • ldybugg
    ldybugg Posts: 134
    I have lots!
    2 slices of low cal bread = 90 cal 6 slices Healthy Ones Turkey= 60 cal Fat free mayo= 10 cal whole sandwich 160 cal
    3/4 cup Life cereal = 120 cals 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk= 20 cal total = 140
    Fruit slices = varied 1/2 cup almond milk=20 cal wheat germ=20 cals round 100 cals
    lots of steamed veggies!
    1 oz of almonds =150 cals
    1 0z of beef jerky = 90 cals
    Digorno has a 200 cal pizza
  • I have lots!
    2 slices of low cal bread = 90 cal 6 slices Healthy Ones Turkey= 60 cal Fat free mayo= 10 cal whole sandwich 160 cal
    3/4 cup Life cereal = 120 cals 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk= 20 cal total = 140
    Fruit slices = varied 1/2 cup almond milk=20 cal wheat germ=20 cals round 100 cals
    lots of steamed veggies!
    1 oz of almonds =150 cals
    1 0z of beef jerky = 90 cals
    Digorno has a 200 cal pizza

wow those are good! thanks- especially the sandwich for only 160! thats amazing...gotta find that bread!
  • Naomi91
    The one that is 30 is Pacific Natural Foods and its Organic :]
  • Celery and peanut butter. It takes more energy to burn celery than the calories in it. And with a little bit of peanut butter you get some protein to keep you full! Or celery and hummus. That's a good one too!
    4 celery sticks are 12 calories and 1 tbsp of peanut butter is 95 calories
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Yoplait Zero yogurt, "Exotik" varieties have only 44 cals per 1/2 cup. If you put it in the freezer for an hour or so, stirring it once or twice, it's almost like eating ice cream! Sorbet, anyway!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    my 3 year old is being crazy now...but I wanted to bump so I can answer later! :wink:
  • ldybugg
    Its by Sara Lee- whole wheat- i really cant tell the difference. also edamame is good. i like it cause it keeps you busy and takes longer to eat.
  • good stuff...thanks for all the comments friends!

now i have some stuff to go out and buy haha!
  • JakeNonne
    JakeNonne Posts: 74 Member
    These suggestions are great. You people are awesome! Is it OK to say "you people?"
  • ldybugg
    You People!?!?! im horribly offended! hehe jk
This discussion has been closed.