to late for a 5k??

Options
So there is a 5k race coming up on dec 11, should i do it??? i have been running for a little while do you think a week is enough training time??? i know i can last 30 min on a treadmill..just asking for your thoughts, thanks":)

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I think if you can go 30 minutes on a tready, you'll be fine with a 5K. Good luck!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    you can walk/run your way through it if necessary. Give it a shot and best of luck to you--admire the go for it attitude!:drinker:
  • farmgirlh
    Options
    You will be fine. If you are going 30 min on the treadmill you will make the 5k, if anything nerves will get you through it. Good luck!!
  • lashleyrivera
    Options
    im soo nervous already lol the last time i ran a race was back in freshman year in high school, that was a long time ago..ok im thinking i will do it
  • Blue71
    Blue71 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I say run your own race and don't worry about your last race or anything else ... just go for it!!
  • lashleyrivera
    Options
    how do i get ready for it?? should i run the treadmill everyday til the race?? or should i run everyday but rest thurs??
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    definately can do it! Will be something to look forward to; short term goal

I have been running quite a bit lately, noticed I can do a 5k in 30 min so I know you can make it!
  • lyona
    lyona Posts: 2
    Options
    do it! Im actually doing one this sunday.. its only 3 miles and it goes by fast because thers so much happening. and its not like your not alooud to stop. just run a nd have fun....not that im trying to be bossy oops.
  • Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I run 5ks all the time and never train for them LOL...I run them in a bit less than 30 minutes and just go all out :)

Good luck!!