Levis jeans.. oh how you sadden me...

Options
I have two pairs of Levi's jeans I've been wearing for awhile and they are just too big. Like they fall down when I walk. I order one size smaller, assuming that will do the trick (exact same jeans, style, length, etc..) I can't even button them. SERIOUSLY???? Twenty pounds lost and one size down won't even button but the size I'm in falls off???

UGH!!!!!!!!!

I have a feeling this will continue to happen as I lose weight. Should I just get a nice belt until the new size fits? And look like a major doofus with sloppy jeans? Maybe I should buy a mumu (I know the spelling is wrong)...

Seriously frustrated. That's my rant. Thank you.

Replies

• lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wash your current jeans and throw them in the dryer to shrink them up a bit. They're mostly likely stretched out from use. Buy a belt till the new ones fit.

Great job on your losses!! :)
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Wash your current jeans and throw them in the dryer to shrink them up a bit. They're mostly likely stretched out from use. Buy a belt till the new ones fit.

Great job on your losses!! :)

I've dried them many times. No shrinking to be done.
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yeah they're probably stretched. The dryer will be your best friend until the new ones fit.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    the one you have were probably a bit smaller when you bought them but they wore out and got bigger over time. I know it sucks big time. But just think how good you'll feel once you can button them! :D till then go to walmart or something and get some cute but less expensive transition jeans. :tongue:
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Oh, sorry op. Just saw your comment. The might be stretched beyond repair. Maybe get some new ones in the same size? Or if it's been long time since you got jeans they might have changed their size chart
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Oh my, don't get me started either. Been between sizes forever! Right now I have a pair of 16s and 18s from Old Navy. They're the sweetheart cut. The 16s pinch around the knees and thighs but are ok around the waist. The 18s fit in the thighs, but I show more in the back than is publicly permissible.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 20 pounds loss so far. Get a belt until the new pants fit, seems they go up on you but just can't button, which is great, give it some more time!!!!!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think we need an MFP clothing swap.

And oh yeah... Congrats! Enjoy your weightless and grab a belt!
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Old Navy jeans do that to me. The 18 is falling off but the 16 I can't fit. WTF?

Frustrating but hey!! your jeans are too big. awesome:drinker:
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Same issue with my stretch levi's. lol

I'm 17lbs down and down a size but they're big on me so technically a size in half since my other pants that are 11 or 12 are a little too big but the 10's are still too small. lol.. I started at a size 14.
  • cclarocque
    Options
    Also I have found that while there is a 1 inch difference between some of the smaller sizes, there is a huge difference between larger sizes. You need to lose an inch to go from a 6 to a 4 but depending on the brand you can have to 3+ inches to go from an 18 to a 16 or 16 to 14 for example.
  • kidagain60
    Options
    Good job on your loss. Hope I can lose some weight.I would try a different brand. Sometimes when you lose weight its not always where you want it to be.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Shrink to fit 501s ...