Bump??

Options
Perhaps am a bit technologically illiterate here, but I keep seeing people posting "bump"? What the heck does that mean/do? :laugh:

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    it's a way to cry for attention on a thread. When someone hasn't responded to the liking of the original poster, they'll bump a thread. Some folks will also "bump" a thread so it saves it for later... which I've never understood since they could just add it as a favorite without being annoying.

effectively, it brings the topic to the top of the list for active topics.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    it's a way to cry for attention on a thread. When someone hasn't responded to the liking of the original poster, they'll bump a thread. Some folks will also "bump" a thread so it saves it for later... which I've never understood since they could just add it as a favorite without being annoying.

bump.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    bump for my newsfeed. lol
  • bribrijean234
    bribrijean234 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

You can add it as a favorite??? Please explain because for the life of me I have not figured out how to do that, and frankly yes it is annoying to read a thread and see "bump" over and over again but I am of course guilty of doing such. Please enlighten us :) and thank you in advance!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

You can add it as a favorite??? Please explain because for the life of me I have not figured out how to do that, and frankly yes it is annoying to read a thread and see "bump" over and over again but I am of course guilty of doing such. Please enlighten us :) and thank you in advance!
    bookmarks in your browser.
    CTRL+D for most.
  • bribrijean234
    bribrijean234 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

bookmarks in your browser.
    CTRL+D for most.

Oh, duh. And here I was looking for an MFP feature... Hadn't thought of that since I typically read everything via my iPhone. Thanks
  • jamiecarol84
    Options
    Bump is also a way to keep the thread fresh in the forums so that others will see it and comment on it
  • abradeen2013
    abradeen2013 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Got it! Thanks!