Hello - Just started

Options
I have never done this before and I am alittle nervous. I am starting slow and just wonder how long to see results. I have been logging for 5days and seem to be low on protein and went over the carbs twice. I weigh in tomorrow. Is it bad if I stay the same? Does is sometimes take awhile to see the difference on the scale? While I guess I will see.....

Replies

• dkrioux
    dkrioux Posts: 144
    Options
    hey!!!! welcome!:) add me if you like.... I love this sight and the more friends you meet on here the better!:)
  • jeff1230
    Options
    It almost always takes quite some time to see a significant difference on the weight scale. Don't get discouraged. More often than not you may see a slight gain before you see significant drops in weight. Don't freak out this is simply because your body is not used to the diet you're adjusting it to, and more than likely you are drinking more water than usual. Give it a few weeks, and remember to stick with it and stay positive :-)
  • bahaslam
    Options
    Don't be discouraged if the numbers don't change right away. It takes some time, this is just a means of being accountable and helping you be aware of what you are putting into your body. There are some great, supportive people out there. Good luck!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello and Welcome to MFP. You will see changes if you make small, consistent changes in your Lifestyle. Don't expect to see changes right away, and don't expect this Journey to be a smooth one. It may get bumpy, there will be detours and wrong turns along the way. Maybe even a few~~or more!~~bad choices. But all along the way you will find MFP Friends who will stand by you and walk with you, and eventually Celebrate your SUCCESS.