I'm new here.

aelizabeth
aelizabeth Posts: 34
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 23 y/o and will be graduating college this Dec with my BA in elementary education. I am at 208 lbs and can not seem to make the scale move no matter how much I go to the gym. I work out at least 3-4 days a week and burn AT LEAST 400 calories each time. So I am trying my fitness pal to see if journaling online will help and keep me motivated.

My goal is to be a size 12 by next year, I am getting married April 2010 and I would LOVE to be able to buy a size 12 wedding dress. I am a size 16 women's at the moment. I have been a size 16 for over three years now. I have not been a 12 since 8th grade.

I also have health issues that run in the family and to top it off I have hypothyroidism. So that plays apart in my weight loss. I hope with the support of others I will stay motivated and not give up.

Replies

• Hi. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 23 y/o and will be graduating college this Dec with my BA in elementary education. I am at 208 lbs and can not seem to make the scale move no matter how much I go to the gym. I work out at least 3-4 days a week and burn AT LEAST 400 calories each time. So I am trying my fitness pal to see if journaling online will help and keep me motivated.

My goal is to be a size 12 by next year, I am getting married April 2010 and I would LOVE to be able to buy a size 12 wedding dress. I am a size 16 women's at the moment. I have been a size 16 for over three years now. I have not been a 12 since 8th grade.

I also have health issues that run in the family and to top it off I have hypothyroidism. So that plays apart in my weight loss. I hope with the support of others I will stay motivated and not give up.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, and welcome.
    You came to the right place! I've also got a thyroid problem, and didn't seem to do anything but gain weight for years. BUT, as soon as I found this site, I started to lose! Between the food counter (which by the way is a REAL eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive people here, it's pretty easy, as well as fun to lose!
    I suggest you log all your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than after, as it tends to lead to better food choices. Also, drink lots and lots of water.
    For exercise, alot of the members work out at gyms, but, I'm too "frugal" for that, so I just walk and I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made for me.
    This site has been soooo great for me, and lots of others, and I'm sure it will be for you too!
    I've gone from a size 18 to an 11, so have no fear, you can be a size 12, or even smaller, by your wedding day!
  • Hello and Welcome! I have'nt been on here very long but since I have joined and journaling my food it has made a huge difference. I now check every label to see what I am taking in and it has made my choices so much better.
  • Thanks! I'm looking forward and hopefully will begin losing some weight soon! :)
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Welcome! Good luck to you!!

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • Thanks! Congrats Tami on the weight loss! I was wondering if you have any before pictures! That is amazing! I've been struggling with my weight ever since middle school, I just want to get it under control and feel better about myself.
This discussion has been closed.