Cool Fruit & Vegetable Infographic

Options
Rayman79
Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
Some great information here, I never thought about breaking down fruit & veg by colour (except greens).

Image courtesy of Dr John Berardi and Ryan Andrews of Precision Nutrition:
http://www.precisionnutrition.com/color-chart
http://www.precisionnutrition.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Phytonutrient_checklist_r2.pdf

edit: removed the image as it's too large - you'll have to click on the link I'm afraid.

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Very cool. And the reason people eat more potatoes than Brussels spouts is because the sprouts smell and taste like dirty feet. Blech.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Very cool. And the reason people eat more potatoes than Brussels spouts is because the sprouts smell and taste like dirty feet. Blech.

So you're suggesting I drizzle dirty feet with olive oil and roast them until the outside is crispy? I have been trying alternate protein sources lately...
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options

So you're suggesting I drizzle dirty feet with olive oil and roast them until the outside is crispy? I have been trying alternate protein sources lately...

Give it a shot and let us know how it turns out! Dirty feet aren't (isn't?) in the database, though.
  • mufamuscles
    Options
    I love the cheat sheet. Thanks for sharing!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Very interesting. I am not making the grade unfortunately. .
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Bump for diverse fruit and veg intakes.
  • Winnertoots
    Winnertoots Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The link isn't active anymore? How can I find the post?
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Chilli I can still access it?,

My one concern was the lack of purple in my diet... But then I saw red wine and now I'm not worried anymore :laugh:
  • lil_bit_crazy
    lil_bit_crazy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this :)
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    This is cool - love a good info graphic as I'm a designer! I'm going to print out poster size and place it on the studio wall at work,

Thanks for sharing.
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    great links, thanks
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Awesome :flowerforyou:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,957 Member
    Options
    No white potato, no cred.:bigsmile:
  • Robide
    Robide Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm a sweet potato fiend..... but a purple sweet potato I have never had. This is now my food mission. Find, and eat a purple sweet potato!
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I ate some purple broccoli the other day. It tasted like normal broccoli, only more expensive.