New member - Need a partner

Options
Hi. I have tried to loose weight by myself for so long but I just can't seem to do it. I need someone who will "check in" with me. To make sure that I am logging in, logging my food and exercise. some one who will hold me to what I say I will do. Is there someone that will do that?

Replies

• tavasue
    Options
    Welcome. Sure. Feel free to add me.
  • Hansanie123
    Options
    ooh can i join too, i just joined and am also not good at going it alone!!
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Would you like someone to just do it for you?

Honestly, I had tried the accountability partner thing, and it doesn't work.

YOU have to want it...
    YOU have to do the work...
    YOU have to be honest with yourself

But the best part is? YOU get to reap the rewards...
  • amberrea82
    amberrea82 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hey I'll be more than happy to help ya out here! Feel free to send me a friend request :)
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Always looking for motivational friends too! Anyone can add me!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    OP doesn't want to do this. They just want someone else to blame when they fail. When the OP really wants to lose weight, they will. They'll do it for themselves.

...because really, even if someone DOES ask OP "hey, are you working out?" or "are you logging your food"... they could just as easily lie to us as they are to themselves right now about wanting to do this.

also... these forums aren't here just to support people. It's here for information, recipes, and plenty of other stuff. I mean have you ever even been in one of the kiss/bang/marry threads!? OMG!
  • Kaysee313
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here too. I've been over weight my whole life and finally taking the steps necessary to lose that weight! Feel free to add me, we can motivate and support each other. =]
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    When YOU are ready, YOU will lose the weight. Hard work, for sure, but the concept is just that simple.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    No need to be so harsh to someone new reaching out for help! There is an actual person with feelings who posted that. If you don't want to help, then just don't post a reply. The entire point of these forums is for people to support one another.

No one was being harsh...

Just bluntly honest...

Or damn rude. Get some social skills

Well, ^this was rude.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Wow. This thread cleaned up nicely!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    No need to be so harsh to someone new reaching out for help! There is an actual person with feelings who posted that. If you don't want to help, then just don't post a reply. The entire point of these forums is for people to support one another.

Just bluntly honest...

Well, ^this was rude.

Want to be my friend? I like rude.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Just bluntly honest...

Well, ^this was rude.

Want to be my friend? I like rude.

Sure...

...but you're going to have to remove me before you add me.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Wow. This thread cleaned up nicely!

^this...

...except they missed one.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'll do it. $20 a day or a discounted rate of $125 a week. PM me for paypal details.
  • missmissy0126
    Options
    Same here I am on here for support would love to have you join me and we will fight this battle together.. I only have a few friends on here... :)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Sometimes knowing someone is helping is that extra push and it Does work. BS to the others. Glad THEY didn't need it. But knowing I had to check in with someone else gives me extra accountability.

WELCOME Original poster
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Add me if you would like. I just reset my account after 2 years here. Log daily and very active.
  • ChaosMoosie
    ChaosMoosie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Add me in if you wish. I'm supportive and have friends that will add you as well who are the same. Ignore the crude people. We're better than that.
  • seatransplant
    seatransplant Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree with both sides actually - except for the divisive people. You do need to want it - and it sounds like you do. Having another person on the journey also helps to remind you to do it.

On the positive side once you get going you will want to do it on your own. Just don't do it every day, find a day once a week (for me thursday am after showering and before getting dressed) and do it consistently that day. For me, doing it every day was disheartening because of the variance due to water, etc. and if I had a day where I was holding more water it would look like i was up 1/2 #.

Just remember weighing isn't enough, it's also about the right foods FOR YOU and that YOU find that right balance. All my weight loss has been from 70%/25%/5% FAT/protein/carbs. That may not work for others, but it works for me. When you find that balance finding people to help you on THAT journey is imperative. I know that without my food partner I wouldn't have made the strides I have.

Good luck with everything you do and if you need yet another person to poke you (figuratively) to watch you recording your weight feel free to friend/msg me.
  • mkgr3gory
    Options
    I'm pretty new too and would like more friends to check in with. Feel free to add me too!