Which Weight is Which?

Options
Ive always heard that you should weigh yourself in the morning. I did today and i weigh 1.6 lbs lighter than i did last night. So my question is, which weight do you put into MFP...because I know im going to gain some weight during the day with eating and drinking water. So morning? night? a median of the two?

Replies

• Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    your true weight is 1st thing in the morning, naked, after you have used the washroom. HTH.
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter as long as you always use the same scale at about the same time of day. You can weigh with clothes on, but it adds weight. :wink:
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I put in my morning weight, I also weigh at night to see if I'm retaining water. You should have no more than a 2 pound difference from morning to evening , if you are sticking to your calories.
  • mamastuck
    Options
    I weigh in naked first thing in am after I wash my face and pee lol (extra ounce lol) And never anyother time of day
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I weigh in, in the morning, after my first BMs, in my unders. It's good to empty as much from your body as you naturally can.
  • racharla
    racharla Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself during mornings.... mostly at the same time everyday ...
  • Hummmingbird
    Hummmingbird Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    thanks so much everyone! Now hopefully i just wont fluctuate far from it!
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I all ways weight in the morning, just before I get in the shower.
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    I also agree with mornings, after you use the restroom, and weigh yourself nude. I think this time of day will give you the least amount of fluctations and will give you a better idea of actual weight loss/gain. You are coming off fasting for several hours (sleeping), then you eliminate waste, so your bodys weight will be more consistent. If you weigh in the evening you may have weight fluctuations dependent on what you ate, how much you drank, if you exercised etc. :)
  • patsaffo
    Options
    As long as you weigh yourself at the same time each time, with about the same amount of clothes on, it is all relative. Pick a time and stick with it. I weight first thing in the morning naked, because that is going to be the lowest, but it does not matter, as long as you are consistent.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Morning is best for me after a BM as one person has mentioned. I don't care how gross that is, it's life. Everyone poops! haha. But yea. And always naked because well we were born that way and would be the closest to being accurate. But I weigh myself at other times as well and then kick myself later.
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    here too. the trainer we have here at the fitness center we go to, tells us; that when u r watchin your wt, u should defitely weigh your self 1st thing in the am after u use the bathroom naked, jus like sum of the others here say..
    u gotta remember off & on all day u gonna eat, watch tv, etc... so your wt is gonna see saw.....
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    It is all about consitancy... personally I weigh in once a week at the gym either Saturday or Sunday morning after my protein shake but before breakfast
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    In the mornings generally because your body weight may fluctuate a little depeding on the foods you have eaten such as retaining a bit of water weight and such. I weigh in the mornings and at night though.