need motivation, does having buddies on this help?

Options
Hi been doing this off and on for over a year now with some success, recently had an operation that set me back and it is now time to take control and really put the effort into doing this. Does having friends on here really help motivate?

Replies

• neewest33
    neewest33 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I find that it helps me, seeing other people working hard through exercise diaries or their food diaries sort of spurs me on.

Add me if you want.

Niamh
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi I find it does help to have friends on here, on good days and bad. It's a good place for healthy food choices, it's a good place for advice and exercise.

I have sent you a friends request

Wendy
    :smile:
  • tgcake
    tgcake Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'd think having people to talk to, to commiserate with and to cheer you on every time you get somewhere good would help a lot. Knowing there are others there in the same boat as you, and who can give you some advice, support you when you need it, celebrate when things are good...

Yes. Find friends! Find them now =P

(And you can add me if you'd like, though I am new :))
  • Stuartw31
    Stuartw31 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi thanks for your reply will add you as friend :smile:
  • akputnam
    Options
    I believe it does, I have a tendency to fall off of using the app/site every once in a while (usually for no more than a week or so at a time), but EVERY time I do.. someone will call me out, and let me know that I really need to get back to it. The more people that you have to keep you motivated the better!! Good Luck and you are welcome to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I have a really nice friend's list full of awesome people.

But bottom line - the real success will come when YOU decide you want to lose weight and be healthy. Put in the hard work and build some solid habits around food and exercise. Motivation must be internal. Otherwise it fades fast.
  • perfectflightisbeingthere
    Options
    It sems to work well for a lot of people, certainly has for me. I switched over to MFP after using another app that didn't have the friends aspect. I was a bit sceptical at first but I've made much progress since changing, thanks largely to the support of my wonderful friends. It is also a lot of fun! You can always try it, it is another tool and if it doesn't work for you then you won't have lost anything..... I've found friends much more supportive and helpful than the geenral forums.

I log on daily and my diary is open to my reinds, feel free to add if you would like to.

Brian
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I have a really nice friend's list full of awesome people.

But bottom line - the real success will come when YOU decide you want to lose weight and be healthy. Put in the hard work and build some solid habits around food and exercise. Motivation must be internal. Otherwise it fades fast.
    exactly this. we can be there, but we can't make you do it or even be honest about it.
  • Stuartw31
    Stuartw31 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi thanks for the comments, happy to add you as a friend