inspirational -motivational -quotes - have some ? share..

Options
I love to read the motivational quotes . short but to the point- they are good reminders- you can write them in your journal, hang it on your mirror or the fridge , in your car or your desk .. small reminders..

here's a few - if you have some more- p lease share

Adding calories to a bad day will not make it better

If hunger is not the problem, than eating is not the answer

Goals, if they are not written down, they are just wishes

It's not hocus pocus, it's Focus.

Fake it till you make it

Better to go to waste than go to waist

Eat for the body you want not the body you have

Fill the holes in your life, not the ones in your face

Face your stuff, don't stuff your face

Fun size candy does not make a fun size butt

The last bite tase the same as the last

Rule your mind or it will rule you. Have you hit a brick wall ? Aim higher than jump over it !

Don't count every day, make every day count

Don't wail on the scale if you cheat when you eat

Nothing will work unless you do

enough for now :) please share more ..

i write this stuff when i find it in my journal.. it helps to stay focused and positive

Replies

• bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Think with your brain not your belly

First we get smart, than we get slim

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels

It's easier to say " no" once in the store, than " no " twenty times at home

I can eat anything i want, tomorrow

I never said it would be easy , i only said it would be worth it

Loose lips cause big hips

if it is to be it is up to me

One good wish changes nothing, one good decision changes everything

Don't wish for it, work for it

The answer is always in your journal, even if you don't keep one ( love this one because it is so true for us MFP ppl :)

We al make our choices , one bite at a time

You are worth the effort

If my mind can believe it /see it, than my body can achieve it

A year from now you can be glad you started or you can wish you had

I hope you like these - i know i do :)
    Few years ago when i was at a ww meeting , the instructor told us that she has this type of quotes everywhere.. in her pantry, on the fridge, etc. But what stuck in my memory was one thing she said- she said " I have taped a few IN my fridge, in my pantry and everywhere else i keep food - when i open that drawer first thing i see is the reminder i taped on the drawer
    " What you looking for is not in here " .. than i close the fridge and go to the pantry open it and it says " and it's not in here either " :) that was so funny.. but i think now i get why she was doing it.. we can't always relay on our " will power " we need supportive environment to help us through this.
    I learned here from few MFP members how much the " mental " part is important, i'm still learning.. reading books and i'm working on changing my attitude..

This is not a sprint, it's a marathon :)

Please share some thoughts / and or quotes..
  • Loseittoo
    Loseittoo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    "If you fail to plan you plan to fail." I live by this one.

If you plan out your meals you don't have to worry bout "will power". Everyday I know what I am eating and when. Food no longer controls me, I control my food.
  • bosanka
    Options
    Yes that's a good one :) I started by picking " one quote " for the day- and concentrate on that for just that one day- wrote them all in my journal- pages ahead, and once i turn next page,t hat's the quote of the day ,,.. it was kind of interessting and it had me occupied .. since i wasn't the most " positive " person in town.. :) working on changing that
  • bosanka
    Options
    Phrases i found in a book called " mind over body "

Your body is the servant of your mind and has no choice but to obey your thoughts

People sp e nd most of their time thinking about what they don't want and then wondering why it keeps showing up over and over again in their lives.

The power of intention is your life force. It is what connects you to your higher self.

No valid plans for the future can be made by those who have no capacity for living now ( Alan W. Watts / The wisdom of insecurity )

As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path , we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.

As your perception is, so will your action be. The thing to change is not your action but your outlook. What must i do to change it ? Merely understand that your present way of looking is defective.

If you look in the mirror and you don't want the body you see, yo will actually be attracting more of what you don't want. If you want a great body, you need to think about having a great body

You can be, do or have anything you want. If you see it in your mind , you will hold it in your hand.

These are all from the book " Mind over body - the key to lasting weight loss is all in your head " - by Nordine Zouareg better known as " Mr. France, Mr Europe, Mr World, and Mr Univers ( body builder and a fitness coach ) a really good book , i recommend it.