How often do you weigh in?

Options
I used to weigh in once a week but thinking maybe I should do it less. Maybe 2x a month. Thoughts?

Replies

• MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    When my pants become to tight, or too loose.
    Daily water fluctuations and gastric emptying makes this method worthless except over long periods of time.

Instead, I measure my body weekly.
  • thejadegirl
    thejadegirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I actually only weigh myself once every 6ish weeks. The reason being I don't own a scale (ours broke and we haven't gotten a new one). So whenever I go visit my parents, or take my son to the doctor (he's a baby, so he goes fairly often), I weigh myself there. it's really hard to wait that long, but it's so exciting to see a big difference on the scale, as opposed to weighing myself every day and obsessing over normal fluctuations. Not knocking people who weigh themselves every day, I just know that if I did, I would obsess and eventually grow frustrated lol.
  • lulavenus
    lulavenus Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I try to go for every 2 weeks but sometimes I cave and do it earlier. When I do, I'm normally happy with the results so it's a nice motivation.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning.

Ditto
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning right after I wake up
  • emmaelisenl
    emmaelisenl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning just because I find it interesting to see it go up and down. I do not get frustrated or sad at all when I see the scale go up a bit. Just as long as it goes down again within a few days.
    I have an official weigh and measure day on tuesdays, I write the numbers down on these days.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Daily or every other day.
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in once a week but thinking maybe I should do it less. Maybe 2x a month. Thoughts?
    I used to do it once a week also, but I'm going to skip this week and starting next week move to a couple of times a month. Unless my eating and exercise habits totally meltdown, there shouldn't be any significant changes anytime soon. Plus, I'm getting burned out on doing it once a week.
  • bigmamabird
    bigmamabird Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I weigh in officially once a week. But I also use our Wii Fit which weighs you every day. I look at that number as a tool to get a general idea of my weekly success, but I don't count it as my "official" weekly weight.
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i get on the scale daily or nearly so, but i dont take much stock in that. i go bi-weekly to weigh in "officially" on a better scale than my home one (which sucks and the kids play with it so its off, so i just use that for general trends not my actual weight)
  • katygruber
    katygruber Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I think it would be a nice motivator to do it only once or twice a month. I like to see that big number drop.
    I do notice my pants fitting better. Love that. Thanks MFP friends and good luck on your journeys. =)