P90X3

Options
I started this program yesterday and was wondering if anyone else on here was doing it?

Replies

• jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    It's in my rotation. I thoroughly enjoy the P90X3 workouts I have done so far.
  • HappyRunner34
    HappyRunner34 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about ordering it...but not sure I want to hang from the bedroom door with elastic bands..wait that came out wrong.
  • NoExcusesFitnessCoach
    Options
    I'm in week 7 of P90X3 and I absolutely love the program. It's one of my favorites so far. And you definitely get results!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I've been sidelined due to an unrelated injury but will be getting back into it beginning Monday.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 8 day 5. Loving the 30 min a day. After phase 1, I was down 5 lbs and body fat was down 8%. Looking to push hard this last phase which starts Saturday!
  • vmckenzie82
    Options
    I'm only in day two...well day three today. I hope to have results like everyone else! I am just so tired of 'losing weight' but not changing anything about my body. I want to tone and tighten as well as lose the weight. If anyone wants some accountability, let me know...lord knows I need it too.
  • NoExcusesFitnessCoach
    Options
    I'm only in day two...well day three today. I hope to have results like everyone else! I am just so tired of 'losing weight' but not changing anything about my body. I want to tone and tighten as well as lose the weight. If anyone wants some accountability, let me know...lord knows I need it too.

You will definitely see results! I run Facebook accountability groups and I actually just started one last week with a couple of people that are doing X3. I find it helpful to have daily support and accountability. Shoot me a message if you want to join!
  • michael_j_w
    Options
    Just started Block 2, week 5! I am loving p90x3! Not seeing as much weight loss as i would like, 3 lbs. so far, but have definitely noticed a change in my body/inches.
  • tserine
    tserine Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i tried once, but it required me to do crazy pull ups and other stuff and i gave up :(. besides i didn't have much space and tools to work with. A friend swears by it though.
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    In my first week of third/final block. Lost two inches around waist by the 6th week overall. Great program!

Mike
  • vmckenzie82
    Options

You will definitely see results! I run Facebook accountability groups and I actually just started one last week with a couple of people that are doing X3. I find it helpful to have daily support and accountability. Shoot me a message if you want to join!

I joined one yesterday. Anything to keep me motivated!
  • vmckenzie82
    Options
    i tried once, but it required me to do crazy pull ups and other stuff and i gave up :(. besides i didn't have much space and tools to work with. A friend swears by it though.

Did you not try just using the bands? I am no bueno at pull ups, but the bands help and I definitely feel it.
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 at the moment just done Yoga followed by The Challenge today as I missed Monday due to travelling.

Love this programme so much more than T25 and original P90X.

You can't get bored in 30 minutes especially when the blocks change so much.

I have just started using the chin up assist as I'm not that great at pull ups, it makes a massive difference, when I had to use a chait I felt my legs doing too much of the work.
  • rlhbarnes79
    Options
    My husband and I started this about a week and a half ago, I love it. We did P90 for about four months, each lost about 30 pounds but we were getting bored with the routine. I love x3 because you are doing something different each day. Last night was "The Challenge" and this morning my arms feel like jelly, but it was great! I am not to the point where I can use the chin-up bar so I do the bands from the door, which I think is effective too. My goal is to get to the chin-up before the end of the 90 days for sure!
  • carriedag
    carriedag Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just ordered it and can't wait! I'm glad to see some positive reviews. I did P90x but got bored and quit 2 months in. I'm hoping the multiple workouts and them being only 30 minutes will help. Any advice on what I should have on hand for the workouts?
  • LyndsayYYC
    Options
    My husband and I both started P90X3 at the end of Dec, so we have just started the third block. I am not saying this will be the case for everyone, but here is my 2 cents.

The "results" I am seeing are not what I expected =( I'm more flexible, I can do push ups now and my upper body (arms, shoulder and back) are definately more tonned - in fact, they are almost too big for my liking. So it's not like it's not doing something. But my problem areas are my butt and thighs and I have actually gained inches in both these areas. I am 5 feet tall and my thighs are 2 inches bigger than my husbands, who is over 6 foot and almost 3 inches bigger than when I started. I think I have built some leg muscle which might explain the increase but anything I have gained is covered by a thick layer of fat so I don't know (I joked to my coach that it's been really cold in Canada this winter, so maybe the fat is just keeping the muscle warm). I am not following their nutrient plan mind you, but I eat healthy and am working with a beach body coach now to make sure my calorie intake and marco's are on line as they were a bit off before (this whole eat more calories to lose weight is a totally new concept to me). So I am hoping these final 30 days show some pretty major changes south of my mid section.

It's a tough program and not seeing results is devasting but I am determined to finish out the 90 days. I have read quite a few other posts that said it takes longer for women to see results and blah blah blah but you always think you are going to be the exception, right? :) On that note - as I mention, my husband is also doing the program and is just ripped right now.

So, in a nut shell - would I recommend it? Sure, any fitness program is better than doing nothing but I think depending on what your goals and individual problem areas are, it may or may not help. Once my 90 days are up, I am going to take a week off then do the Brazilian Butt Lift. I (right now) would say P90x3 has given me a great base to work with (plus with being only 1/2 hour a day, it got me back into the habit of working out which I hope will continue) but I did not achieve my overall goal with it. But, who knows? Maybe a miracle will happen in the last 30 days.... I currently feel I invested a lot of time and energy into the 90 days (well, 60 so far) for little results and had I known, I may of chosen a different route.

Hope that helps! I am not bashing the product at all, I am just saying for me personally (and only me, I am not speaking for anyone else) that it was not what I needed. But I do enjoy it and will use some of the workouts after my butt lift to maintain a work out routine.

Good luck!
  • vmckenzie82
    Options
    My husband and I both started P90X3 at the end of Dec, so we have just started the third block. I am not saying this will be the case for everyone, but here is my 2 cents.

The "results" I am seeing are not what I expected =( I'm more flexible, I can do push ups now and my upper body (arms, shoulder and back) are definately more tonned - in fact, they are almost too big for my liking. So it's not like it's not doing something. But my problem areas are my butt and thighs and I have actually gained inches in both these areas. I am 5 feet tall and my thighs are 2 inches bigger than my husbands, who is over 6 foot and almost 3 inches bigger than when I started. I think I have built some leg muscle which might explain the increase but anything I have gained is covered by a thick layer of fat so I don't know (I joked to my coach that it's been really cold in Canada this winter, so maybe the fat is just keeping the muscle warm). I am not following their nutrient plan mind you, but I eat healthy and am working with a beach body coach now to make sure my calorie intake and marco's are on line as they were a bit off before (this whole eat more calories to lose weight is a totally new concept to me). So I am hoping these final 30 days show some pretty major changes south of my mid section.

It's a tough program and not seeing results is devasting but I am determined to finish out the 90 days. I have read quite a few other posts that said it takes longer for women to see results and blah blah blah but you always think you are going to be the exception, right? :) On that note - as I mention, my husband is also doing the program and is just ripped right now.

So, in a nut shell - would I recommend it? Sure, any fitness program is better than doing nothing but I think depending on what your goals and individual problem areas are, it may or may not help. Once my 90 days are up, I am going to take a week off then do the Brazilian Butt Lift. I (right now) would say P90x3 has given me a great base to work with (plus with being only 1/2 hour a day, it got me back into the habit of working out which I hope will continue) but I did not achieve my overall goal with it. But, who knows? Maybe a miracle will happen in the last 30 days.... I currently feel I invested a lot of time and energy into the 90 days (well, 60 so far) for little results and had I known, I may of chosen a different route.

Hope that helps! I am not bashing the product at all, I am just saying for me personally (and only me, I am not speaking for anyone else) that it was not what I needed. But I do enjoy it and will use some of the workouts after my butt lift to maintain a work out routine.

Good luck!

LyndsayYYC,
    I wonder, do you have a normally "athletic" body? I have a friend, who, no matter what she does, she always gains inches in her thighs and hips first. They get rock solid, but she gets upset because she can' fit into her jeans anymore. I think if you are gaining inches in your hips and thighs, it might be muscle?? I am no nutritionist or personal trainer, thats just what I've seen from personal experience.

Also, be careful with the Brazillian Butt Lift. It is supposed to make your rump rounder and more lifted. You might see that all those squats gave you even more inches in the area you don't want.

My advice, CARDIO.....run, jump, move. Jumping jacks are awesome for a quick heart elevation and calorie burn. Your main objective is to burn calories to lose fat. The only way you are going to do that is if you get your heart rate up. I'd add P90X ab ripper or another ab program in the mix just to ensure a little 'targeting' of the muscle area you want.

Don't give up. :)
  • trovatur
    trovatur Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on week two, down 3 lbs so far. I love the 30 min workouts.
  • LyndsayYYC
    Options
    I've always been pretty athletic...was a runner (and a swimmer) until I broke my foot a couple of summers ago but would like to get back into running once I'm done with P90x. I do tend to respond well to cardio but I didn't want to do p90 and additional cardio on top of it. After I broke my foot and was in a cast for 16 weeks, I lost the motivation to work out for a couple of years.

I wish my thunder thighs were muscle lol. THAT I could deal with...but nope, they are just good old fat. I think the reason I have gained inches is the new musle under my fat, so I am hoping it will kinda even out if I can ever figure out how to get rid of the fat. I can see muscle now just above my knee and in my calf. What I was trying to explain in my post is while I do like this program, it is not what I needed to lose my *kitten* and thunder thighs, which are my main goals. I wish I would of concentrated on a more cardio program first to get rid of some of the fat THEN did P90x, but I basically did it backwards (again, for me.)

I did the butt lift around 3 years ago and while it did add a couple of inches, it also got the fat "between" my legs (so when I run, my thighs don't rub together) and my "second bum" - which is how I lovingly refer to those wonderful pockets of fat under my bum which is essentially what I need at this point.

Again, I think P90x is a great program. I just feel like I have gotten more tonned in all the areas I didn't care about and not in the areas I wanted.
  • vmckenzie82
    Options
    My sister is the same way. She responds more to running than anything else.
    OHHH that second bum....gotta love that nonsense!! I did the 30 day squat challenge a while back and it seemed to help that area. I have a problem with sadlebags. They aren't terrible and my husband thinks I'm crazy, but I can definitely see them in all their lumpy glory. I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of mine too...