I have noticed something strange lately...

Options
My routine in the morning (on days I work) get up use the restroom weigh myself, take a shower and a few times I have reweighed myself so I can double check the number to log thinking I may have read it wrong.
.this morning pre-shower weight was 211.6 post shower 216.2. but this is not the only morning lots of other mornings it would do the same thing 4-5 pound differences with in less than an hour. Mind you during that time I have not eaten or drank anything ...

Have anyone else noticed this strange phenomenon? does anyone have a clue as to why???

It has me baffled

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    ah wet hair...
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Are they electronic scales or analogue? Are the batteries going flat? Are you moving the scales about when you weigh yourself? Are they on a firm surface or carpet (must be the former)? Is the floor level?

Just a few thoughts.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    ah wet hair...

I guess you could say it's water weight.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I would say you have a bad scale or at least batteries. But also, did you use it in the same place each time? My scale is dead on consistent. But the other day, I brought it into my living room so I could weigh my bike Lol. And I discovered that I weigh several pounds less if the scale is sitting on carpet instead of the usual tile.
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    Must be your sponge ancestry.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    If you weigh a few times in a row do you get a range of values. If so, it's just errors in your scale. All scales have some error, but I wouldn't put up with one that varied more than 1 pound each time.
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Just weigh once.. problem solved
  • Shari325
    Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wet hair, your skin absorbs a small amount of water, and different clothing.
    All tiny additions that add up...
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    ah wet hair...

^^^^^^^This
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    how is it strange that your hair and skin pores would absorb water, and you would weigh more with that stuff on/in you? How is that remotely strange at all? What strikes me as strange is that you apparently didn't think of that??? :huh:
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Wet hair and being in a hot shower (steam) will enlarge your pores and water will get in... hence the term water logged when you're in water for too long.

Why do you weigh yourself twice in the morning anyway?
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I blow dry my hair before I weigh myself... I usually weigh myself with my PJ's on before i jump in the shower.. to see if there's a pattern. I'm usually 2.5 lbs lighter after my shower (and naked) than before (clothed).. most of it is the clothes, not sure what the other .5-1 lb is...
  • GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Just weigh once.. problem solved

QFT :)
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    ah wet hair...

I guess you could say it's water weight.

:drinker:
  • breeshabebe
    Options
    ah wet hair...

Yep! my hair is short now (above my shoulders) and I always weigh at least 1lb more after a shower. Try blowdrying your hair and getting nice and dry, then weighing.