How to lose belly fat?

Options
It seems that all my weight goes to my belly. I was wondering
If anyone knew any exercises or good work outs to do to lose belly
Fat. I want to do cardio , but I haven't found a DVD or video
That has a good intense cardio workout. Any advice?

Replies

• amanda110110
    Options
    Hi There,

Try Shaun T's Insanity program! It is amazing!! It is a 63 day program, the first month is about 40 min workouts and the second month is around 50-60 min. This program will make you sweat and push like you have never pushed. But the results are amazing!! Make sure you do measurements before and after and not just go by the scale as muscle weighs more than fat does. I have done the program and I just started my second round today if you would like to push each other.

Good luck!!
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    There is NO possible way to spot reduce. This means that there is no way that you can target fat loss in just one place on your body. It sucks, but that's life...

You'd have to lose fat throughout, and then you'll start seeing results.
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^ mhm ... and you WILL see it... trust me! :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    As mentioned no exercises target fat loss removal from specific parts of the body. If you have a belly, that's where your body like to genetically store it. If you're getting belly fat, it's because you're eating more than you need to.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • karendabo
    Options
    On this topic, I have a question-are bananas really bad for belly fat? There are several ads on this website that promise to tell you the foods to avoid but then you have to read pages or sign up for something. What do you all think are the foods to avoid?
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    On this topic, I have a question-are bananas really bad for belly fat? There are several ads on this website that promise to tell you the foods to avoid but then you have to read pages or sign up for something. What do you all think are the foods to avoid?
    Only if you eat more than you need to.

IDEA Fitness member
  • neeti1987
    Options
    Try stomach crunches and abs.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue as you - I carry my fat like a spare tire around my middle. It all goes straight to my mid-section. Why can't it ever get distributed to my boobs or butt? (Which by the way is sadly the first place I lose weight...:sad: )

I have been told that there is no way to spot reduce and also that the best way to get rid of belly fat is by diet alone - cut out sugar and refined carbs. Also if you are stressed out a lot, that can cause you to gain weight in your belly, some hormone called cortisol is released when your stressed and makes you store fat there.

As for exercises, my husband (he is a PT) says building more muscle in your abs will only make your mid-section look bigger if you don't lose the fat. The muscles will grow, but the fat will be pushed out making your waist look even bigger! So sit ups are fine, but just make sure you are eating well AND doing cardio, or you will not like the results!
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Let's think about why fat is stored more in certain areas then others. One reason is, circulation. As most know, heat increases circulation, so additional heat to the problem area will increase circulation of blood, the use of fats, etc. There are creams and wraps that increases heat and circulation that you could look into that cover the stomach, thigh or whatever areas you would like to target.

Quote from the Hodge Twins: "This is all just advice, do whatever the F*** you want to do!".
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options

I eat a banana almost everyday and my waist is shrinking. It is only a problem if you eat too many calories overall.
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Let's think about why fat is stored more in certain areas then others. One reason is, circulation. As most know, heat increases circulation, so additional heat to the problem area will increase circulation of blood, the use of fats, etc. There are creams and wraps that increases heat and circulation that you could look into that cover the stomach, thigh or whatever areas you would like to target.

heard this recently as well. my friend got some weird belly thing she wears while she exercises and swears its working.
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options

heard this recently as well. my friend got some weird belly thing she wears while she exercises and swears its working.

I haven't tried the cream but the wrap itself works, measuring tapes don't lie. =)
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    In for any advice. I hate my whole mid section :(
  • God_Makeup_Fitness
    Options
    Thank you everybody for your comments and advice. It did help ALOT.
    I appreciate yalls time (:
    Out of all the comments I learned
    •Do cardio
    •Eat healthy
    •Dont over eat
    •Try not to stress so much
    •Stay active

Thank you all so much (:
  • SneakyWaff1es
    SneakyWaff1es Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    •Do cardio
    •Eat healthy
    •Dont over eat
    •Try not to stress so much
    •Stay active

Thank you all so much (:

Eat less. Lift weights. Cardio is unnecessary unless you just want to. Lifting while at a deficit will allow you to keep some muscle while you lose what's covering it.
  • OChancey
    Options
    Hi,

I had some good luck getting rid of that weight with cardio acceleration in between your normal exercises, seems to burn calories real fast.
    Most important to balance everything - your workouts, diet and rest.

I had this problem and tried so many things. Different things work for different people and I was lucky enough to find one that worked for me. I lost 18 pounds in one month without much exercise and it’s been a life changer. I’m a little embarrased to post my before and after photos here but if anyone actually cares to hear what I’ve been doing then I’d be happy to help in any way. Just shoot me an email at sewellochanasdcey@gmail.com and I’ll show you my before and after photos, and tell you about how things are going for me with the stuff I’ve tried. I wish someone would have helped me out when I was struggling to find a solution so if I can help you then it would make my day
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Try stomach crunches and abs.
    Lol, exercising abs doesn't directly reduce belly fat.

IDEA Fitness member
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    It seems that all my weight goes to my belly. I was wondering
    If anyone knew any exercises or good work outs to do to lose belly
    Fat. I want to do cardio , but I haven't found a DVD or video
    That has a good intense cardio workout. Any advice?

What has helped me is learning to use the kettle bell - especially learning how to do swings. I also do Jillian Michaels - No More Trouble zones, Ripped in 30 and Killer Buns and Thighs, plus count my calories.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Quote from the Hodge Twins: "This is all just advice, do whatever the F*** you want to do!".
    In for the broscience. Constriction of any body part will temporarily reduce it's circumference. Increased circulation happens because the body tries keep body temperature normal. Circulation increases when the body gets colder or hotter.

Fat is stored in certain areas more than others because of genetics. That's a legitimate argument you can call your parents out on.

IDEA Fitness member