back again

Options
This is probably the third or fourth time I have set out on this weight loss journey. I struggle to stay on point. I have a 50 pound goal and want so very bad to achieve it. I really don't have a lot of support and I think that is a problem. I don't generally do a lot of exercise which I know is another issue. My plan as I start this journey and the weather warming up I can find people in my area who are willing to walk or exercise together. I have got to do this for me.

Replies

• shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Weight loss is a constant struggle, congrats on recommitting yourself to making your life better. Start small with the exercise and try to work it into your daily life. Track your food carefully and make some friends here on MFP. You can do this!
  • Rays_up
    Options
    Hey ladies!
    I myself have been on and off again, it's tough but you can't beat yourself up about it. Congratulate yourself on the attempts and the decision to try again despite the failures. I nearly reached my goal before and fell back off track. I never accomplished anything by putting myself down.
    That being said, I would love to join forces! be my pal! let's motivate each other through challenges, words of encouragement, and we can even work out together! how? we can promise to work out at certain times (maybe even the same time) in our own places and make each other confirm that we are indeed at the gym (or wherever you workout). *I have noticed that the fear of letting someone else down is a huge motivator.

The biggest obstacle is our own minds, but that can also be our biggest driving force!

I won't take offense if you aren't up for it, I wish you all the best either way!
  • nancyluckhurst3
    nancyluckhurst3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Don't go beating yourself up. I am 71 years old and if I had all the weight off I have lost in my life right now you could bury me in a shoe box. However after all these years I have finally found something that actually works for me and fits into my lifestyle. It might not be for everyone. You have to find something you can live with the rest of your life or you will just keep yoyoing and that is not good for you. Hang in there and keep experimenting with programs till you find your niche.
    This is probably the third or fourth time I have set out on this weight loss journey. I struggle to stay on point. I have a 50 pound goal and want so very bad to achieve it. I really don't have a lot of support and I think that is a problem. I don't generally do a lot of exercise which I know is another issue. My plan as I start this journey and the weather warming up I can find people in my area who are willing to walk or exercise together. I have got to do this for me.