DO you think I can?

Options
DO you think a person should be able to lose 5-10lbs. by Christmas? I want to, but don't know if I can. I know it's really what I think, but I want opinions, and not mean ones. thanks

Replies

• JamesPartridge
    Options
    With proper diet and exercise you can.
  • djnelson1024
    Options
    My first two weeks I lost 8 pounds u can do it, exercise eat your calories and it will happen u can do it. Cardio exercise is the best and fastest way to lose weight
  • sayambular
    Options
    I think it's possible to do anything you set your mind to. It just takes a LOT of hard work but remember, we're all here for you!
  • djnelson1024
    Options
    Dont eat your exercise calories though those can be xtras and saved then you can lose the weright it has to be a daily thing though. If possible Hope I helped
  • Brandiscott1
    Brandiscott1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to MFP. Do I think somebody can lose 5-10lbs by Christmas? Yes, I think so....but, I'm not so sure it would be the healthiest way to lose the weight. What might help is focus on eating clean (healthier foods), drinking lots of water, EXERCISE (move), vitamins and be happy (think positive). I'm sure you already knew this......good luck!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    No reason why you cannot... set your goal for 2lbs a week and follow it. Christmas is still 3 weeks away that will put you right around 6lbs.
  • shawna09152002
    Options
    I know you can!!
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    At the start you can usually lose more then you will once you're well under way. That being said, it's not about what you want to do. If you want sustainable weight loss, just get exercising and follow your prescribed numbers. It's pretty useless to starve yourself, lose 10 lbs of water weight, then gain it all back after Christmas.