Scale barely moving? Keep going!

Options
Hi MFP friends,

I weighed in at 220 in January 2013. So shocking to see the scale on a number you never imagined you'd see. With everything I had been going through in that season of my life though, I wasn't surprised at how I let go of my responsibility to take care of my body. My health began to get worse as well.

So, I began to make changes in my eating habits and started exercising. It wasn't easy, as I love food and well carrying an 100 extra pounds during a workout isn't. The scale wouldn't budge though and I didn't see change, but I knew I felt healthier. I wanted to throw in the towel so many times, at I did at moments whether by skipping exercises or choosing to make bad food choices. I keep working at it though. The other day I was finally able to meet with a nutritionist and see what specific needs my body has. I also started C25K to train for my first 5K! I feel healthier, and happier.

Today I took another progress photo. Truth is, according to my last visit to the doctor showed I am at 200.8! I am sure others out there feel my frustrations. However if you look at my photo, there is a change! Sure I have a long way to go, but I am getting there :)

I just want to share and encourage anyone else who has been on the slow road like me. Don't give up! You are building a healthier you every good choice you make. Sure it is taking a while, but just think of the healthy habits you'll have developed that will keep you healthy even after reaching your fitness goals.

1491886.jpg?381

Replies

• ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Great job girl! I had one week where I only lost .8 lbs. The following week I was down another 2. Weight fluctuates, but if you keep at it, you will see and feel a difference! I can now walk longer distances, up hill, etc.. without absolutely dying. And I've only lost 18 lbs so far! I can't wait to see my progress when I'm at my goal weight.

Keep up the great work!
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    That's how I lose too, if it all. Damn hypothyroidism. i would have kept up with the losing before, but I got pregnant with my son and here I'm at it again. I'm still down 16 lbs from my starting weight, so I consider that a success :)
  • coral_b
    coral_b Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! That looks like way more than 20lbs- well done!
    Slow and steady; I needed this success story today. Time to dig out my old photos. thank you!
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I appreciate you posting this since I'm losing at a snail's pace, too. But at least we're moving in the right direction.

Thanks again.
  • jpskitts7
    jpskitts7 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    So needed this today! I've been disappointed that the scale has not moved in about 2-1/2 weeks, even though I have upped my activity and been under my calories. I am not as stiff and can move a little easier from when I first started, so I know there is some positive progress! I'm going home to do some profile pics like these...love the comparison. You are looking great!!
  • PaulaRicco
    PaulaRicco Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Such great progress, very inspiring!!!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Good job! It's hard when things move so slowly but it's still movement. I've been at this over 2.5 years and have at least another year to go at the rate I'm at now. It's frustrating at times, but as long as I keep going, I'll get there eventually.
  • bradXdale
    Options
    I haven't seen much of a scale difference in over a week or so...but you are right you just have to keep on keeping. Sometimes I don't even want to touch the scale for a few weeks just to get out of that mindset that the scale is everything. Pictures & measurements are the best way to keep on track!
  • stephanniehall
    stephanniehall Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I often feel like I'm not accomplishing anything because the scale doesn't budge as much as I'd like it. But I have to keep reminding myself, the best way to keep weight off is to lose it a proper pace, the proper way.

You look great!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress and such an inspiring post! Thank you :-)

This morning I'm stressing a little too much over some water retention due to an awesome biking workout yesterday...the title of your success story keeps me going!!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Congrats to you :)
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi MFP friends,

I weighed in at 220 in January 2013. So shocking to see the scale on a number you never imagined you'd see. With everything I had been going through in that season of my life though, I wasn't surprised at how I let go of my responsibility to take care of my body. My health began to get worse as well.

So, I began to make changes in my eating habits and started exercising. It wasn't easy, as I love food and well carrying an 100 extra pounds during a workout isn't. The scale wouldn't budge though and I didn't see change, but I knew I felt healthier. I wanted to throw in the towel so many times, at I did at moments whether by skipping exercises or choosing to make bad food choices. I keep working at it though. The other day I was finally able to meet with a nutritionist and see what specific needs my body has. I also started C25K to train for my first 5K! I feel healthier, and happier.

Today I took another progress photo. Truth is, according to my last visit to the doctor showed I am at 200.8! I am sure others out there feel my frustrations. However if you look at my photo, there is a change! Sure I have a long way to go, but I am getting there :)

I just want to share and encourage anyone else who has been on the slow road like me. Don't give up! You are building a healthier you every good choice you make. Sure it is taking a while, but just think of the healthy habits you'll have developed that will keep you healthy even after reaching your fitness goals.

1491886.jpg?381

you look AMAZING !! congrats !! :)
  • amariecruz89
    amariecruz89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouraging feedback! :)
  • ripzone13
    ripzone13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!! I have been at it since January of this year and only lost about 7 lbs total... I workout consitantly, and am good about eating 1200 calories (most days)....and I have been discouraged about not seeing the scale move!! Actually, it's been blowing my mind wondering why can't the weight come off?! Good for you!
  • amariecruz89
    amariecruz89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!! I have been at it since January of this year and only lost about 7 lbs total... I workout consitantly, and am good about eating 1200 calories (most days)....and I have been discouraged about not seeing the scale move!! Actually, it's been blowing my mind wondering why can't the weight come off?! Good for you!

Keep at it! that is great progress honestly. Make sure you're eating enough calories on days you work out. I think 1200 is a bit low. Also, do you measure yourself and take photos? That is where I see the greates changes.
  • pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! I have been logging for almost 450 days and have only lost 28 pounds! I understand your pain. I go 12 weeks without the scale moving and then I usually lose only .5 pounds. I feel healthier and things fit better than before, but it is difficult when others bemoan only losing .5 a WEEK! I would give anything to lose that much on a weekly basis. So thankful that you shared your experience as I felt that I was the only person who was struggling with slow weight loss. Keep it up! We will get through this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!