I am a runner again!

Options
Well, I decided to share my progress today because I finally hit the 30 pounds lost as of this morning. When I started towards the middle of August, I was at 198. Today, I weighed in at 168, and I have dropped several sizes in clothing too. You know it's great progress when we have a cold spell in Florida and I have to find long pants to wear, but don't have a single pair that even comes close to fitting me! I donated all of the size 18's and went and bought a pair of size 12's for the first time in years. On top of that, today at the gym I completed my hour long spinning class, then decided to go try to push myself to see if I could finally run a mile, without stopping. When I started 3 months ago, I was walking at 3.0 mph, and forget running.... Today, I am proud to say I ran a mile at 5.0 mph, didn't stop, and completed it in exactly 12 minutes!

Replies

• clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    THat is brilliant, good for you! Enjoy your achievements and the better you get the more you will enjoy it and the easier it gets ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    *clapping hands* You are amazing! Keep it up girlie!
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Awww congrats!!!! Such a great feeling when you can accomplish such a task like that and after spin class?!?!? You go girl! Amazing! I am so proud of you and I don't even know ya.
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Praise God!!!!!!
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    congrats and keep up the good work
  • JCulp1990
    Options
    congrats thats awesome!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!