Busy busy busy...

Options
So next week I'm starting on my MBA so I'll have online school, a husband and 4 kids, a full time job, and a workout to juggle every day. Does anyone have any idea on how to 1. stay sane through it all and 2. prioritize without getting too far off track or putting things on the back burner? I haven't done this much juggling since my son was a baby and then I only had him and a full time job, going to class twice a week. Also my husband is pre diabetic so he is also working out and watching what he eats and will be starting his master's in a couple weeks. Can we say no free time?

Replies

• grho
    grho Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can think of would be to plan, plan, plan ahead of time. One of the biggest issues for food with our family is if I don't have the meals planned out and ready to go we end up with pizza or fast food. Take at least a few minutes each week to plan out the meals and grocery list and go from there. That would probably help with scheduling in work outs too. I also like to multitask if you can-I know a lot of people hate treadmills or can't read while they are on them but if I can read while I am on there and burn a few calories while I am at it all the better. I actually have a board I sometimes put across the treadmill bars and use my lap top on there for studying while I am walking. Obviously you can't do that while running or doing a hard workout, but if you can get in a little bit of activity while doing something else you have to do every little bit will help.
  • bradXdale
    Options
    Some days I have to wake up at 5:30 am to get my workout in.

Best advice is plan, like grho said.

Get up earlier by 20 minutes if you can't afford it throughout the rest of your day.

Just my take on it!
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Some days I have to wake up at 5:30 am to get my workout in.

Best advice is plan, like grho said.

Get up earlier by 20 minutes if you can't afford it throughout the rest of your day.

Just my take on it!

Ditto this, except most days for me it's 4:45am, to feed the baby, get him back down, get in a good workout, shower, pack lunch, eat breakfast, and be at work by 8am. I'm late almost every morning, but I refuse to get up earlier than that.