Low Carb Snacks?

Options
Hello! So I have noticed I have a difficult time staying within my suggested carbohydrate intake. It's easy for me to go up to 30 over! I know meat is low in carbs, but I am vegetarian. Does anybody have low carb snack or meal suggestions?

Thanks,
Ashley :)

Replies

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Snacks:

cheese
    nuts
    eggs/egg whites
    veggies
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Snacks:

cheese
    nuts
    eggs/egg whites
    veggies

this^^

string cheese is portable and super yummy. egg whites are easy if you cook them up ahead of time. pre portion nuts so they are easy to grab and go. cottage cheese is also a good snack if you like it.
  • gegardner
    Options
    I know how that goes...I always used to go over my carb limit, but when I got pregnant I began a high protein diet and cured myself of my carb addiction! Of-course, now I always go over on my protein, but at least its lean protein. One of my favorite snacks is a low-carb whole wheat tortilla (they sell them at cost-co) with dijon mustard or non fat plain yogurt, raw spinach, and 1/4 cup of chopped cooked chicken breast. Try to avoid crackers, I used to snack on them all the time, and so I don't even buy them now except for parties. I you have toast for breakfast AND a sandwich for lunch, the carbs can really add up before dinner, try a wrap instead. The thing that worked best for me was to increase my protein intake (I eat egg whites for breakfast, and my snacks usually contain protein like yogurt, nuts, etc), which made me less hungry in the afternoon(my prime snacking time). Hope this helps!
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    Hello! So I have noticed I have a difficult time staying within my suggested carbohydrate intake. It's easy for me to go up to 30 over! I know meat is low in carbs, but I am vegetarian. Does anybody have low carb snack or meal suggestions?

Thanks,
    Ashley :)

To be honest, if you are a vegetarian it is going to be difficult to be on a low carb diet. I'd guess and say you are not getting the right types of foods, on a vegetarian, low carb diet. I doubt it would be possible to get enough protein you need, without eating meat. Or not eat meat, but stay to low on protein and carbs.

I also try to eat low carbs. About 115 a day, that is pretty low. But I eat nearly a pound of chicken a day to get enough protein and caloires in my diet. If you don't eat meat, that may be very difficult.

I understand my post does not really answer your question.. But you can't live off eggs and string cheese. Although I do love em! At some point you will either need more carbs, or to get more protein from meat.. Just my .02$
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    I eat cherry tomatoes and carrots with hommus (made from chick peas)
  • aschr690
    aschr690 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input, I will have to snack on some cheese and nuts I am thinking. I actually don't have a problem getting enough protein. That's not really an issue for vegetarians surprisingly haha.
    Also, I LOVE hummus, but of course I like my hummus with pita chips or crackers of some kind. I will have to wean myself onto hummus and veggies lol
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Thanks for the input, I will have to snack on some cheese and nuts I am thinking. I actually don't have a problem getting enough protein. That's not really an issue for vegetarians surprisingly haha.
    Also, I LOVE hummus, but of course I like my hummus with pita chips or crackers of some kind. I will have to wean myself onto hummus and veggies lol

I know the feeling! I founf out its pretty delish. Also I use it in wraps made with veggies instead of dressings :)