NOT A PERSONAL AD LOL

Options
HI I am looking for someone to post pictures so that I can have some inspiration. I have been at this for about a year. (Really all my life, but for this purpose....) I am 5'1" with fairly large breasts and hips. My problem areas are mostly in my thighs. I have a smaller waist. I am looking for someone that is about my size/shape that has had success. I have never been below a 10-12. I am currently at 14-16. (171 lbs) Thanks so much!

Replies

• mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    check out the success stories forum, there's tons of pictures and stories there to motivate you!!
  • Loseittoo
    Loseittoo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    HI I am looking for someone to post pictures so that I can have some inspiration. I have been at this for about a year. (Really all my life, but for this purpose....) I am 5'1" with fairly large breasts and hips. My problem areas are mostly in my thighs. I have a smaller waist. I am looking for someone that is about my size/shape that has had success. I have never been below a 10-12. I am currently at 14-16. (171 lbs) Thanks so much!

Do you need to see it can be done? If you been here since March whats hindering your progress?

Planning and Lifestyle change.

I can not stress these enough. Plan plan plan. I plan my food for the day every morning as I eat breakfast. I eat 5 meals a day. I try to not go more than 3 hrs between meals or snacks.

Lifestyle change is I got my butt off the couch. I start every day with some exercise. It makes you healthy and lets you eat more. No excuses. Just like I bath my kids and myself I work out every day. Could be something as simple and going up and down the stairs for 5 or 10 minutes.

I track my food every day. No missed days. I weigh everything. No measuring cups. I have a cheap digital food scale. I try to be conservative in my estimates so I know I maintain a deficit. I cut out alcohol and sugary drinks. I only drink water.

I have never been happier in my life. This works. You have to want to do it and Change your life to make it permanent.

Good Luck
  • janet6567
    janet6567 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and started losing when I was 172 pounds and wearing size 12-14. I now weigh 140 and am wearing size 8-10. I plan to lose another 20 pounds over the next few months. Feel free to look at my pictures. I have several posted that show the "fat jan" and some more current. (I am 61, so will never have a "young body". . .weight shifts on "older women". . .but at least you'll have some idea of what a 30 pound loss on someone close to your height will look like.) Hope this helps.
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I started at 184.5 on Jan 1, 2010. I started MFP at 180 in March. I know I have not logged in a while. However, before I was logging and staying very close to my goal almost all of the time. I have no problem with exercising. It took me until October just to break the 170 mark and now I am back over it at 171. I am not going to give up, but I feel like it wont happen for me.

I realize that packing my lunch can help and I normally stay strong. I eat very well especially in comparison to how I used to eat. I have a protein shake for breakfast every morning. I drink only water with the occassionaly soda (max 4 a month). Nights are where I faulter the most since I enjoy eating with my spouse. Plus I am limited on meal prep time most of the time. I work 2 jobs and I am a full time student. So, very little time and absolutely no money lol.

I take every opputunity to do a little more. I walk the stairs EVERYDAY instead of taking the elevator. This is 3 flights up and down at least.
  • Loseittoo
    Loseittoo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I started at 184.5 on Jan 1, 2010. I started MFP at 180 in March. I know I have not logged in a while. However, before I was logging and staying very close to my goal almost all of the time. I have no problem with exercising. It took me until October just to break the 170 mark and now I am back over it at 171. I am not going to give up, but I feel like it wont happen for me.

I realize that packing my lunch can help and I normally stay strong. I eat very well especially in comparison to how I used to eat. I have a protein shake for breakfast every morning. I drink only water with the occassionaly soda (max 4 a month). Nights are where I faulter the most since I enjoy eating with my spouse. Plus I am limited on meal prep time most of the time. I work 2 jobs and I am a full time student. So, very little time and absolutely no money lol.

I take every opputunity to do a little more. I walk the stairs EVERYDAY instead of taking the elevator. This is 3 flights up and down at least.

You have got to get your meals under control. Track and weigh. Plan plan plan. It does not take that long to prepare a good meal. I eat with my spouse as well. She is actually trying to gain weight. Thats no excuse. Not trying to be mean. She sits right next to me stuffing her face with bad foods while I eat my 400 calorie dinner. So unfair right lol. I hate people like her ;-p

Add more exercise. 3 days a week take a walk for 30 minutes or run. Add some strength training. All these will boost your metabolism and make you burn more calories.

It is all about want too. You know where you mess up. So find a plan to get past that. And it wont happen for you, till you make it happen. I will be honest with you, losing weight is easy as hell. Doing it is hard. As long as you find reasons it won't happen it won't.
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    Options
    OKAY SO MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE ELABORATED MORE. I DONT WANT A LECTURE. I DO EXERCISE. I EXERCISE WITH HIGH IMPACT CLASSES ON AVERAGE 4 TIMES A WEEK ABOUT AN HOUR LONG + ABOUT 3 30 MINUTE DOG WALKS + TAKING THE STAIRS EVERYDAY.

LOSIING WEIGHT IS NOT EASY. IT MAY HAVE BEEN FOR YOU, BUT IT HASNT BEEN FOR ME. I ALSO HAVE A SPOUSE THAT IS TRYING TO GAIN WEIGHT. I STILL EAT HEALTHIER THAN HE DOES.

NOT TOO LONG AGO I WAS WORKING OUT ON AVG 2 HOURS A DAY PLUS EATING ALL THE RIGHT THINGS AND NOT LOSING ANYTHING.

MY PLAN IS TO START TURBO FIRE THIS EVENING WHEN I GET OFF OF MY 13 HOUR SHIFT THEN ON TO HIT THE BOOKS BEFORE CRASHING FOR ANOTHER 10 HOURS SHIFT TOMORROW. THERE IS NO LACK OF DEDICATION. I JUST WANTED A LITTLE EXTRA MOTIVATION TO SEE A REALISTIC IDEA OF WHAT I CAN HOPE FOR IN THE AREA OF PHYSICAL APPEARANCE.
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Comfort,
    My wife is your size and build and did it with me. She droppped from 150 to 110. You have friends here that are willing to help and not lecture :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    OKAY SO MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE ELABORATED MORE. I DONT WANT A LECTURE.

Well, what exactly do you want? You were given the idea to look for pictures (that is what you asked for)

Loseittoo gave you the best advice there is. Sorry if you didn't like it, but it is up to you and no one else to make the changes.

No need to go to ALL CAPS TO MAKE YOUR POINT.
  • ashleyy0608
    Options
    Well, She stated very clearly what she wanted- she was asking someone to post some pictures so she could have some inspiration. She posted in all caps because he wasn't getting it.... She wasn't asking for exercise/food tips.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Well, She stated very clearly what she wanted- she was asking someone to post some pictures so she could have some inspiration. She posted in all caps because he wasn't getting it.... She wasn't asking for exercise/food tips.
    Seems you and I must have been on the same thread as that's exactly what I saw/read as well:wink:

Stick around Hon, there's many good ppl here, some are simply a bit more tense/uptight than others:laugh:

There are some super b/a's to check out and be inspired by, enjoy! :happy:

Sounds like you have an intense schedule but you sound very motivated!!:flowerforyou:
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    Options
    Thank you all for the support. I actually posted in all caps by mistake. I am an abulance dispatcher and I was going back and forth between my call screens and here. I forget that all caps on the internet means mad or something...

Thanks Keith. I need to get back on High Heels and Fishnets.... How are things over there?

Thanks girls. Glad your English teachers taught y'all reading and comprehension.

On to better things :D
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    A little quiet lately, but still kickin' along.