New Running Shoes

Options
Hi All,
I am in need of some new running shoes and there is so much out there these days. I run anywhere from 4-8 miles a day. Does anyone have any input they can share? What works for you? What doesn't? It would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Replies

• HannahMcGeeJL
    Options
    I have a pair of Nike Shox and no matter how far I run or walk they have NEVER hurt my feet. I love, love, love them! They're SO comfortable.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I would start out at a running store- they are SO good about fitting you for the right shoe. Most will even either watch you run/walk, or videotape you on a treadmill and then analyze your stride to find the perfect shoe. Plus, most running stores have awesome return policies- I bought a new pair, ran 2 10-milers in them and hated them, and they allowed me to exchange them no questions asked.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • runnerchicki
    Options
    Go to a running store. They will watch you run to see if you over-pronate or not and that will help determine the kind of shoe to get. They should also watch you run in the shoes. They'll ask what kind of running you do, how many miles, etc.

You can't go by what other people like because they may have a completely different running style as well as the shape of your foot, height of your arch, and so forth.

Running shoes are important. Buy from the experts.
  • stewster123
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone! Do you have any "running stores" you could suggest?
  • runnerchicki
    Options
    Online you can go to Roadrunnersports.com or Runningwarehouse.com, but you should go locally at least the first time so you can have your feet and running gait analyzed. You'll need to do a Google search to find local running stores in your area.

FYI: The Finish Line, and Foot Locker are NOT running stores!
  • stewster123
    Options
    Wow, I've never really heard of running stores. Thank you!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I need to look in to this. I need new running shoes. I've always used New Balance. Never had a problem with them, so I'm not sure if I should switch brands or not.

I think my feet have grown since I started running.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem, my feet Shrunk! My dress shoes are all too big. My exercize shoes except my hiking are all too big but since hubby had to slap down a ton of cash just 3 months ago for new sets of exercize shoes I don't want to ask for new ones yet. Adivce for running shoes? I have none sorry :( Just don't be afraid of the 'return' if you're not comfortable after a week.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Online you can go to Roadrunnersports.com or Runningwarehouse.com, but you should go locally at least the first time so you can have your feet and running gait analyzed. You'll need to do a Google search to find local running stores in your area.

FYI: The Finish Line, and Foot Locker are NOT running stores!

I've bought my running shoes from Roadrunnersports.com and they are FANTASTIC to deal with. They also have a return policy that is great if you don't like what you've bought. BTW, I wear Asics..swear by them.
  • ErinInFL
    Options
    Definitely go to a running store. I did when I ran track in HS and it helped a TON. I wear Saucony...they sell them at Stride Rite so when the outlet has BOGO sales, I get 2 pairs.
  • ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    See if you can find a Fleet Feet. They got my husband in the perfect shoes and they arent too expensive.