MAJOR NSV!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Greatest of any one ever!

I am a pretty fit guy and I am proud of all I can do and the goals i am shattering. However I have topped everyone with my latest victory! I actually (gasp) ran for 30 minutes WITHOUT music. I am the very first person on the planet, I am sure, to run on a treadmill with out music. Please give me booze or something even better :wink: to mark this , THE GREATEST DAY IN HUMAN HISTORY!

Replies

• _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Holy shiat congrats! If I don't have my music I basically have to cancel the workout. treadmill w/o tunes = death by boredom!
  • Rsharpe99
    Rsharpe99 Posts: 12 Member
    You LIE!! Nobody can do that!
  • KimberDG9966
    KimberDG9966 Posts: 27 Member
    Congratulations! I wish I could pass a bottle over to you right now :drinker:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Was there a TV within view?
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    You LIE!! Nobody can do that!

yup, defintely a lie. haha Good work!
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    I am a pretty fit guy and I am proud of all I can do and the goals i am shattering. However I have topped everyone with my latest victory! I actually (gasp) ran for 30 minutes WITHOUT music. I am the very first person on the planet, I am sure, to run on a treadmill with out music. Please give me booze or something even better :wink: to mark this , THE GREATEST DAY IN HUMAN HISTORY!

did you lose your iPod?
  • drangonfly2323
    drangonfly2323 Posts: 197 Member
    You my friend are amazing. I would have never made it.
  • Samby_v1
    Samby_v1 Posts: 202 Member
    i3ZWA.gif
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    You're the only person since Chuck Norris to be able to do this.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Did you ... did you blast "Closer" half a dozen times *before* you got on the treadmill? 'Cause otherwise I don't see where this capability came from and I'm thinking more study is needed.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Why would you even DO that!!??
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Hah! It's funny that you made this thread. I just signed up for a duathlon (3K run - 20K ride - 3k run) at the end of March that is USAT sanctioned. I was looking over the rules and it states that you can't have headphones or music devices. My stomach has been cringing ever since. I am not sure how I will be able to get through it without music!

So although I know you are making this thread as kind of a joke....you actually helped me think it won't be so bad.
  • jlc041979
    jlc041979 Posts: 385 Member
    Wow! I don't think I could ever do that. My music is what gets me though! Way to go!
  • a6pack
    a6pack Posts: 21 Member
    I admit, I never run without music. I do run while listening to comedy channels on Pandora. I find I grow bored with music, but comedy challenges my mind and keeps me more engaged mentally. I don't know if I could run for 30+ minutes on a treadmill without listening to something!
  • Fiery_Vixen
    Fiery_Vixen Posts: 795 Member
    :drinker:
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    The reason I usually do my workouts outside is because I can't take the boredom of a treadmill. Great NSV!!!
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    lol I thought I was the only person who ran without music.

I talk to myself on the treadmill too. People look at me funny. But I like to psych myself up. "You got this!"
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Shut the front door!!! No way, man. You are my personal hero!
  • QS82
    QS82 Posts: 65 Member
    Traitor! The running police are gonna come and get you :bigsmile:

Seriously though that's awesome. I think I once tried it so I could 'hear the birds singing in the trees' etc but it didn't last long. :laugh:
  • Sounds like a new Olympic event!