Do you log vegetables?

I have stopped logging vegetables. I still log starchy veggies like corn, potatoes(not technically a veggie), carrots, etc. Mostly root vegetables.

I've stopped logging other vegetables like iceberg lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc.

Will this highly impact my overall calorie goal? I just feel as if I should eat as many raw veggies as I need to keep myself from being too hungry since I'm already cutting so much else out.

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    If you're still logging starchy veggies (eh, and roots I guess), I think you're fine. I can't imagine you'd have any trouble considering those "free" foods, because they aren't calorie-dense in the least.

I do log vegetables but that's mostly so I can track my micros.
  • norcalskater
    norcalskater Posts: 194 Member
    It won't really hurt your calorie goal. I log them only to keep track of my vitamins.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    I log all my veggies. I know some of them don't add up to many calories but it's also just for me to keep track of what I'm eating in general.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    I was wondering the same thing! I've been logging them and they're never more than 40-50 calories in all. I think I'll quit logging them as well.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    You should be tracking macro/micro nutrients and vegetables/grains (corn)/fruits (tomato) have a ton of them so you are kinda doing yourself a disservice by not logging them.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    I log everything! It is just easier for me and that holds me accountable
  • I guess it depends on how many vegetables you're eating - if I stopped logging vegetables, half my calories for the day would be gone!
  • I weigh them and log them. I am at maintenance and every little calorie counts.
  • mymfpesk
    mymfpesk Posts: 7 Member
    I log everything, just because I'm OCD like that. LOL I have a kitchen scale and everything. Also, I want to make sure I'm hitting my fiber goals and keep my sugar under control.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Of course I log them. They have calories, and fiber and other things I track...
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Everything that I eat or drink. It all adds up.
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    They have cals, carbs, fiber you need to track them...
    And your diary looks nicer with them! :)
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Of course I log them. They have calories, and fiber and other things I track...

This. They may be really low in calories, but they still have calories. Plus it's really good for logging essential vitamins and minerals.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    I have stopped logging vegetables. I still log starchy veggies like corn, potatoes(not technically a veggie), carrots, etc. Mostly root vegetables.

I've stopped logging other vegetables like iceberg lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc.

Will this highly impact my overall calorie goal? I just feel as if I should eat as many raw veggies as I need to keep myself from being too hungry since I'm already cutting so much else out.
    I look forward to your next topic ' Why am I not losing weight?' They have calories count them.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    You'll probably do ok but it depends on how much veg you're talking about. Also, keep in mind in case you start having issues with losing weight (or meeting macros if that's a concern). While they are very low in calories, those calories can still add up.

There are a few minor things I don't bother to log and the handful of lettuce I put in my sandwich is one of them. I also don't log when I walk up and down stairs several times on certain days. I figure those little things work themselves out in the end.
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    I log them, but I tend not to be as anal with them as I am with other foods. Like, oh I just had some spring mix, I think it was about 5 cups, i'll put that in. But the dressing I put on top, I am accurate with. I measured for a bit so I could get an idea of what was what. I am usually cooking for like 6 people--so it can get a bit frustrating when making dinner and the sort.
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    I log all my veggies. I know some of them don't add up to many calories but it's also just for me to keep track of what I'm eating in general.

This
  • a6pack
    a6pack Posts: 21 Member
    I log everything. It may be somewhat unnecessary, but I may be a bit obsessive/compulsive and not logging would be incomplete in my mind. It would bother me all day! ha
  • I have stopped logging vegetables. I still log starchy veggies like corn, potatoes(not technically a veggie), carrots, etc. Mostly root vegetables.

I look forward to your next topic ' Why am I not losing weight?' They have calories count them.

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    I log everything that goes into my mouth. Logging your vegetables helps because you can track your nutrients better if you do. For example, brussel sprouts have 1 gram of protein each, and (I don't remember how much) fiber too. If I don't log them, I can't keep as good of track.

I agree that excess veggie consumption probably won't impact your diet for the worse ;)
    :smooched: