Bootcamp

Options
Does anyone do a fitness bootcamp. I have been going to one for 5 weeks 3-4 times a week. I have been eating better, and going and have noticed some really good changes. I never see anyone posting anything about bootcamps. I also dont know how much fitness logging I should do for this.

Replies

• keykey48
    keykey48 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I go to boot camp three days per week. I love it. I really have to have someone tell me what to do during a workout, otherwise I'm very lazy. I log it as a combination of calisthenics and circuit training in the cardiovascular section depending on how much weight/kettlebell work we do. I haven't found a better way. I've seen people log the specific exercises but I could never remember that much detail.

Keep up with the workouts, 3 to 4 times a week is great!
  • jasonsdragon
    jasonsdragon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If your going to a fitness center for the class ask the instructor but if it is aerobic class get a heart rate monitor and set it up and use that to record intensity and duration because different people burn calories at a different rate. You can also enter the name of the class and search on google for calories burned during X amt of time of activity and your weight, Heart rate monitor is your best and most accurate way to gauge aerobic activity.:happy:
  • hfester
    hfester Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love boot camp. I log it as circuit training.
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yep - I do it 3 days/week. I built my own exercise for it on MFP - and I use a heart-rate monitor to determine calories burned.
  • shanazing
    shanazing Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up for my first bootcamp, 3/10, I'm calling it D-Day! Mostly just because I have to wake up at 5am, instead of my normal 630, and it will be 3 days a week, eep. I'm still excited, have never done anything like it before. Guess I will find out how I like it! :)
  • Expect_The_Worst
    Options
    Congrats on signing up for a class. That is great!!

Its only 3-4 days a week and its called a bootcamp? I find that odd. The word bootcamp indicates that its pretty intense and the sessions are longer and more frequent than the average (whatever it is certification track, fitness class etc.) Sorry, I just find this odd.

Anyways, I think it doesnt matter what you log it as. Either calisthenics or circuit training would work. You could do your own calculations as well and enter in your own. For example you could put:

Boot Camp Day 1 (Cardio - Maybe there was a lot of cardio that day?) and determine based on other calculators that 45 minutes of that you burned 350 calories.

Boot Camp Day 2 (Calisthenics - Maybe that day was a lot of burpees and push ups?) 60 minutes of that 450 calories.

Good luck with your boot camp!
  • Dch2272
    Dch2272 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love my boot camp classes! I asked one of the trainers and they told me that on average you could burn 400 calories per 45 minute class. I recently purchased a heart rate monitor and the calorie burn has been as low as 315 calories (core days) and as high as 530 calories (total body days). But typically around 400 - 415 calories.

I added my own exercise called Boot Camp and that is how I log it.

Keep up the great work!
  • shanazing
    shanazing Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congrats on signing up for a class. That is great!!

Its only 3-4 days a week and its called a bootcamp? I find that odd. The word bootcamp indicates that its pretty intense and the sessions are longer and more frequent than the average (whatever it is certification track, fitness class etc.) Sorry, I just find this odd.

*To be honest it is called the "Early Bird Fit Club" but when I asked about the class he said its basically a boot camp type class. So they aren't marketing it as a boot camp, but it will surely kick my *kitten* like a boot camp! :)