100 pounds and a New Life!

Options
A few years ago I was a wreck, I had no guidance in my life, was lost and overweight. I had always struggled with lower self confidence so when college came and organized sports stopped for me the weight sky rocketed. After awhile I was so depressed about what I had become I needed to find a way out.

What I found was that I had to make the mental change first. It was no longer "Lose weight then be happy" it became "be happy then lose weight." So I went about doing so. I overcame years of guilt and self burden, built my own nutrition plan geared toward one thing, fueling my exercise. As for exercise, the amazing thing is I only worked out for 20 - 30 minutes. I focused on low intensity fat burning cardio to start then high intensity low weight lifting. I do this everyday, which allows me to never be sore and always moving forward.

a7006cef-5107-4070-afd7-556dcfeefdbd_zps02f05a9a.jpg

Since I began this process I have found many ways to reprogram my mind and build inner strength. All of this I wanted to share and have started a new life. I wrote the book Reaching the Summit: Mind and Body Weight Loss for Life describing every step I took and then have turned that into a online presentation in order to help as many as I can!

Today I have kept the weight off for nearly 2 years, and have begun to run races for fun. I hope you find yourself working toward your dream future as well!

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Amazing, you look great! :flowerforyou:
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    What I found was that I had to make the mental change first. It was no longer "Lose weight then be happy" it became "be happy then lose weight."

SO TRUE
  • marye2021
    marye2021 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic AND happy!
  • herlittlegreendress
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    Congrats on figuring out the be happy THEN lose weight thing. So many people lose all the weight and expect instant happiness but the thing is that depression or anxiety or low self esteem does not disapear with the fat - you have to work on your psychological fitness in addition to your physical fitness. Congrats on the weight loss!
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You look really great, congrats!!! Keep it up :)
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    What did you eat? How many calories did you restrict yourself to?
    Congrats! And congrats on publishing a book, too.

Though, MFP is as much as I need to help me lose weight, and it's free!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!