How many calories minimum do you try to burn per workout?

Options
I've always though 200kcal was a good baseline to aim for which can be exceeded if I'm up for it :wink:
What do you have as your minimum goal?

Replies

• corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I personally dont shoot for a specific number. I have a set plan for each day that I work out and I am satisfied so long as I put my all into each workout. Some days may be better then others depending on my energy level, but I think chasing a number sounds miserible.
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I aim for time. Weight training for 45 minutes to 60 minutes. that is my cardio. if i sweat i am happy!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I never really set a specific number to burn.. I usually go in it saying I have ___ mins to workout and this is what I'm going to do. I can only hope that I maximize the time available and get in the best workout. Time is precious.
  • getshredded2012
    getshredded2012 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yep, pretty much what they all said. I don't aim for minimum calories, I aim to work out for a minimum amount of time... and this means minimizing any distractions/chatter/general other bs that might get you off task during your workout. I aim for at least 45 minutes of weight training, which according to this site under Exercises->Carciovascular-> "Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)" is about 206 calories. I try to go hard with alternating sets and the minimum amount of rest between sets, so hopefully I burn a bit more. Wearing a watch with a stopwatch mode is super helpful for making sure I'm at it for the full amount of time that I plan to be.