Have you ever experienced this?

Options
So, I've been doing serious, strict calorie counting this whole last week (and lost two pounds, hehe), eating healthy food with a healthy apetite but without starving myself. But today, for some reason. I am just completely not hungry. I couldn't finish a banana for breakfast, and I normally get 2 down the hatch with gusto.

Do you think I'm coming down with something? It my metabolism readjusting? I'm making sure I eat enough even though I'm put off by any of the foods I look at. I worked out 60 minutes of cardio yesterday, so I figured I would be more hungry today.

What gives? Do you guys just have "off" days where you don't have any appetite? What do you do about it?

Replies

• mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Some days you're just off. I'm having a hard time the last couple of days because I'm hungry-super hungry- but nothing at all sounds good. The problem for me is that when I feel that way, I tend to eat more, because I keep trying different things to see if that's the thing that makes my appetite wake up! Don't be like me. :)

Eat what you can, make good choices, and if it lasts more than a few days, maybe see your doc, make sure there's not anything weird going on.
  • mookdog94
    mookdog94 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks! I think it'll ebb after a day or two.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I have days like that but then I also have days where I could eat everything in the fridge lol I just try my best to keep it reasonable either way.
  • tinygirldancing
    tinygirldancing Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yup- Usually I just go with it and take it into account if I get really hungry the next day
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Of course. some days I feel like I've eaten all day and come to find I'm under calls for the day too! lol
  • RachelJudt
    RachelJudt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For me, a lot of it depends on where I'm at in my cycle. I have a day a month when I just can't think about anything other than carbs and a day when I just need more fat. The other day, I was SO hungry! So it just depends. I track my cycle, so I usually know when one of those days is coming up. I would say that if you're eating overall well, a weird day or two is just normal. It's better to listen to your body than to freak out about your food diary. You know what I mean?