Single mom of 2 needs motivation

Options
Hi everyone,

I am a single mom of 2, I own my own daycare and can never seem to find time for myself. I am looking for some motivational friends to help my on the way of becoming healthy for my kids 3 and 9.

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    do it for your kids.

there's your motivation.
  • suzely0530
    suzely0530 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent ! If there are any other ladies who are looking for support, please feel free to add me !
  • sjbtiger
    sjbtiger Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and also have 2 children! It is challenging to find time. One great asset for me is the local YMCA, which provides Child Watch for free while you work out. If cost is an issue, almost all YMCAs offer scholarships and reduced fees based on income.

Good luck!
  • FemmeFatale83
    Options
    Yay, let's support each other! Friend request sent!
  • Chance535
    Chance535 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I also have 2 children, friend request sent.
  • tracy_getsfit
    tracy_getsfit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent...I am also a single mom through logging and baby steps I have lost over a 100lbs in the last 7 months.
  • hexe666
    hexe666 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Do it with your kids!! Depending on their age there is a ton of possiblities. Speed walking while pushing a stroller. Have them ride their bikes while you walk or ride with them. My kids used to play in the grass while I walked the track. Or do work out tapes at home. Not only can it be fun (and yes, annoying at times) but it will allow them to develop health habbits.
  • MizMom17
    Options
    Good for you to want to get healthy! I have been lucky to be naturally thin and never had much of a weight problem until my late thirties. When I was in my mid forties, I got serious about losing the weight, and took off 25 pounds, of which I've gained back 5. I did this strictly through change of eating habits - portion control and calorie awareness. While I always admired people who exercise, I have never developed any regular exercise habits. I've avoided it and procrastinated. Concern about my blood pressure and just aging in general have motivated me to start moving. I don't really believe in exercise for weight loss, but for cardiovascular health and flexibility. You can do a decent cardio workout for 30 minutes each day and only burn about 250 to 300 calories. Now, granted, that's a snack you can add, but not much more. My feeling is that your food intake is the key. You can eat hot fudge sundaes, as long as you keep track of the calories, and stick to the right number. However, you will not be able to eat much else! So letting yourself fall in love with super healthy foods, like fruits and veggies and lean meats, is going to help you get there. Think of the exercise as a way to give your heart and arteries the love they deserve, lol. Good luck to you!