Tired of my body!

Options
I saw myself in a mirror sitting down @ physical therapy the other day. I know I am over weight, but the image that was reflected back at me was not a pretty one! So here I am again, counting calories & trying to eat better. I will be adding exercise as I can. I have never been a runner or an aerobics person but since I had spinal fusion surgery 18 months ago, walking has become harder. I am really starting to regret having my back straitened (I have scoliosis) @ 48 yo. My back is still pretty mad at me for being fused from T2-T12. My hips are messed up now & walking even 100 yards has become painful. I know if I put on any more weight it will be a disaster. I don't want to be one of those overweight people who need an electric cart because they are overweight. I want to be able to tie my shoes. I don't want to shop in the plus size anymore. I want to fit into a seat at a theater or on an airplane. I want to be able to trim my pubic hair. I want to feel good when I get dressed. I am so tired of my body sometimes I just want to cut off my muffin top. I don't want my stomach to touch the steering wheel. I don't want people to think, "Gosh, she would be so pretty if she just lost some weight". I miss my dimples. I don't want to have to get my wedding ring resized bigger, again! I don't want my stomach to be bigger than my boobs! I want to really turn on my husband. I want to set a better example for my daughters. I want to buy bras in colors other than white & beige. I want to see great things!
WOW, I have a lot of goals to reach, I think I will print them out & read them every day!

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    No matter what your circumstances are, you can lose weight if you put the effort into it. Start by counting your calories and doing whatever exercise you are able to do and go from there. If you want it bad enough, you will make it happen!
  • jeneferphillips89
    Options
    You've got this! You can do it, just take it a day at a time. Patience is not my strong suit but it's incredibly important if you want to get where you want to be. I think printing out these goals would be a great idea for you! An awesome motivational tool and when you can do one of them you can check it off the list! Good luck!
    Oh, and I loved the goal bout the pubic hair, sometimes it's the unseen little things that matter :-)
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Step 1 complete.
    Step 2 act on those wants

MFP has a great community to help with every step.

Movement is Medicine!
  • toodlerue
    toodlerue Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much lina & jenefer! I am printing them out right now, I am going to hang them up in my closet (where I get dressed every morning) so I can see them daily!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    If you're tired of it change it. Figure out what you want and go get it! You can make a hundred little decisions every day that will get you a little bit closer to who you want to be. It's your life and you can do anything you choose. Good luck!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • summer721
    summer721 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I understand what your going through ..I'm back on MFP again ..for the let's hope the last time .. I hope to make my goal weight if I don't give up.

But To you I think you need to do something for yourself and maybe look at other stores that appeal to you. I also am also a plus size women
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration. I too have similar goals, and have been on this journey for about two months now.

It's hard, and you will want to give up, but you won't.
    You won't give up because you know how important your body is to you, you realize that as a mother you set examples to your children, without even meaning too and, most importantly, because you are strong.

Welcome!! This is a great community of people who are all on this journey. We all are here to get the most out of bodies and health. We all need support and motivation and I'm sure wouldn't mind another friend a long the way.

Some things I would keep in mind, that have helped me:
    1. Log everything, even if its not that great.
    2. Don't make excuses (probably should be number 1)
    3. There is no reason you can't exercise... even just picking up a dumbbell.
    4. Peek through the forums if your motivation is waning!

Motivation is the hardest part. Motivation is what gets you up and out. Motivation... unfortunately is not constant, and needs to be renewed, almost daily. I find looking at success stories in the forums really helps boost up my motivation

Add me if you'd like :) I'm on here daily.
  • rochelledavis9484
    Options
    I do the same thing in the mirror all the time and what has gotten even worse is that I do not take photos anymore because of the end results. That is when the smack in the face comes and I do nothing about it. That ends now. I wish you the best journey so that you accomplish all that you seek.
  • rochelledavis9484
    Options
    What are these steps that you speak of?
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Start with small changes and take small steps. Yes it takes time but you can get there if you set your mind to it. Do you really regret the surgery or has it made life better in other ways? I need my back straightened too but I'm scared :/
  • lillybellesgma
    lillybellesgma Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I so understand your frustration. My daughter told me about MFP, so I thought I would give it a try. You name it, I have done it short of surgery. I've been to every gym in my area, joined Weight Watchers 4 times, been on every diet imaginable, and even tried Phen Fen when it was considered "safe" all those years ago. Now here I am giving this a shot...something so simple...counting calories...maybe this time it will work. I'm here for you...we'll do this together.
  • carmenlampman3
    carmenlampman3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Go for it! I am 49 and in the same boat. It's not going to go away on its own. I have made up my mind to own this and change it. You can too!!!!! One choice at a time is what I am telling myself. One choice at a time. I have a stressful job so while at the office if I feel myself heading to the kitchen for "something" I head out the office door instead to feel the air and imagine myself a ways down the road. Good Luck!
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    No matter what your circumstances are, you can lose weight if you put the effort into it. Start by counting your calories and doing whatever exercise you are able to do and go from there. If you want it bad enough, you will make it happen!

Good advice.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Here's the good news..this *kitten* works! Figure out how many calories you are to consume to lose weight. In the beginning I would not eat back any exercise calories...I promise if you stick to it, it will happen. Just make sure you calculate your daily calories accurately...then just stick to it! Good luck!
  • toodlerue
    toodlerue Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Remember you cant out exercise a bad diet! Good luck no matter what you can lose weight!