I am re-starting Stronglifts!!!!

Options
excited to get back in shape, esp before summer comes. i want to "tone up" and from what i read, strength training is the best way accompanied by a healthy diet/deficit. sorry this may seem weird, but i am excited :) already ordered my weight set and it should be here next week :drinker:

Replies

• hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Hooray!

What kind of set did you get?
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    just a vinyle bar and weights up to 100 lbs from walmart :) ill get heavier weights when i go heavier :)
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Good!
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I just started it back up too. I started it last August and did it until the end of October. I bought a full cage (so that I could lift more safely without a spotter) in November and just used it for the first time this week.

Let's do this!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    excited to get back in shape, esp before summer comes. i want to "tone up" and from what i read, strength training is the best way accompanied by a healthy diet/deficit. sorry this may seem weird, but i am excited :) already ordered my weight set and it should be here next week :drinker:

When you say you're "re-starting StrongLifts," does this mean that you've tried this before? If yes, but not for long, you should know that the weights progress really quickly. A standard set of weights *may* not be your best purchase. I started squatting over a 100 lbs. a few weeks into the routine. If you bought an Olympic set of weights, or a set that can adapt to the program, then ignore me, but I wanted to throw that out there, before you decided to keep the set you just bought.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It's a great program! :)
  • jardimgirl
    Options
    I just started it back up too. I started it last August and did it until the end of October. I bought a full cage (so that I could lift more safely without a spotter) in November and just used it for the first time this week.

Let's do this!

did you get good results with it when you did it last year?
  • jardimgirl
    Options

When you say you're "re-starting StrongLifts," does this mean that you've tried this before? If yes, but not for long, you should know that the weights progress really quickly. A standard set of weights *may* not be your best purchase. I started squatting over a 100 lbs. a few weeks into the routine. If you bought an Olympic set of weights, or a set that can adapt to the program, then ignore me, but I wanted to throw that out there, before you decided to keep the set you just bought.

i did it for a week then moved and never did it again. and i can barely pick up 45 lbs lol
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

i did it for a week then moved and never did it again. and i can barely pick up 45 lbs lol

Well, I started with the standard bar for overhead presses and bench presses (20-30ish lbs.) and am currently lifting 45 lbs. like nobody's business (except on OHP's...haha!). So, like I said, you might outgrow a standard set faster than you think. :wink: Regardless, it's great that you're starting a lifting routine. I love lifting! :happy:
  • cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
    I am in love with SL now.

I finally got approval to get back into it this month after I injured my knee back in October 2013.

I am only 9 workouts in and I am already progressing nicely.
  • jardimgirl
    Options
    Good for you!
    I am in love with SL now.

I finally got approval to get back into it this month after I injured my knee back in October 2013.

I am only 9 workouts in and I am already progressing nicely.

thats great! what changes are you noticing in your body?