What kind of exercise is this?

Options
This is what I do and I don’t really know what to put in MFP for exercise. It takes me about 90 minutes to do It, no breaks between. 2-3 times a week
Weights is 5lb dumbbells (Yes 5 Lbs.)

Abs Ball Crunch 3/15
Abs Ball Back Ext 3/15
Abs Ball Reverse Crunch 3/15
Abs Floor Sit-ups 3/15
Abs Floor Twist & Turn 3/15
Abs Weights Side Bends 3/15
Abs Weights Oblique Twist 3/15
Abs Floor Plank 45 Sec
Abs Floor Side Plank 30 Sec each side

Arms Weights Bent over Row 3/15
Arms Weights bicep Curls 3/15
Arms Weights Kickback 3/15
Arms Weights Overhead triceps Ext 3/15
Arms Weights Dumbbell Front Raise 3/15
Arms Weights dumbbell lateral Raise 3/15

Leg Floor Scissor Kick 3/15
Leg Floor Bridge 3/15
Leg Weights Squat 3/15
Leg Front Lunge 3/10
Leg Back Lunge 3/10

Replies

• DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I would call this calisthenics.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    circuit training?
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Went to comment and saw someone beat me to it. Circuit training was my guess too.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Circuit training?
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    Why don't you create your own and add it? One of my favorites is "Ripping the Body to Shreds" "Gettin a Hot *kitten* and Legs" makes it much more fun and entertaining.
  • krispy1982
    krispy1982 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hmm tough. MFP is so weird when it comes to exercises. you could wear a heart rate monitor (with chest strap, $30) and then pick the entry that best matches what you actually burned? ( not that a monitor is going to be perfect but it would be better than guessing). You can enter strength and weights in the cardio section to get the cals to show up too.
  • krispy1982
    krispy1982 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Why don't you create your own and add it? One of my favorites is "Ripping the Body to Shreds" "Gettin a Hot *kitten* and Legs" makes it much more fun and entertaining.

Do this! Ha! Good idea!
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I don't think this is going to get her heart rate up enough to be considered circuit training. It's mostly just core work with some light Pilates-level strength training.
  • donnalee120
    donnalee120 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That’s what I was trying to do but I didn’t know what to put for calories burned
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Calisthenics and light strength training. Your ab/core work and leg work is essentially the definition of calisthenics, and the upper body work you're doing with weights is strength training. Both are in the MFP database, so, figure out how that 90 minutes is broken up, and log it accordingly.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I don't think this is going to get her heart rate up enough to be considered circuit training. It's mostly just core work with some light Pilates-level strength training.

I agree - not much cardio

Here's an example of circuit type

http://exercise.about.com/library/blcardiostrengthcircuit.htm

http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/l/blbasicstrengthcardiocircuit.htm
  • donnalee120
    Options
    Calisthenics and light strength training. Your ab/core work and leg work is essentially the definition of calisthenics, and the upper body work you're doing with weights is strength training. Both are in the MFP database, so, figure out how that 90 minutes is broken up, and log it accordingly.

OK got it, Thanks
  • donnalee120
    Options
    Do you think I could to this on back to back days? Or do I need to rest a day between?
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I reccommend getting a HRM (heart rate monitor) as this will allow you to accurately see your calories burned!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

This.
    if you were taking no breaks it would be 1 x 45- not 3 x 15- which means there are breaks.

light resistence training and abs.

no breaks would be
    15 of this
    15 of that
    15 of these
    back to
    15 of this
    15 of that
    15 of these
    back to
    15this
    15that