Decreased appetite?

Options
Has anyone else noticed that after they got into the habit of eating healthier and recording things on here, their appetite decreased?

Not that I'm complaining, as it certainly makes being healthy easier if I'm not craving bad food... but having less of an appetite just feels unusual for me.

Replies

• crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    It happens to me too! It seems the more conscious I am about my eating habits, especially with logging, the less hungry I am.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yes - and I don't crave the foods I used to crave. I get really hungry in the late afternoon and feel like my remaining calories won't be enough to satisfy me - but after dinner I don't feel hungry at all. I'm also feeling a bit more energetic, after only a 5 lb. loss. So far, this is working for me.
  • amanda_oc
    amanda_oc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Liking the sound of this :)

Maybe, also, your body gets used to having less food... and when I was constantly living on junk my body thought it needed that food, hence cravings...
  • Veronikkka
    Veronikkka Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello.This is great result. this is a desirable effect from physiology point of view. Less appetite - less food -less fat. there is no other formulae to loose weight. We all get used to "feed the bag" ( our pharmacology professor used the term when give us a lecture about weight loss).
    it was inspiring and simple to realise how simple it is, that the more you feed IT, the more it wants, like a human, really :)
    However the less you feed it, it accepts it . we really need so much food. I was shocked how much food I really need to keep me going.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Is it really a decreased appetite or have you learned the difference between the feeling of being hungry vs the feeling of your body actually needing nutrition.
  • amanda_oc
    amanda_oc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Is it really a decreased appetite or have you learned the difference between the feeling of being hungry vs the feeling of your body actually needing nutrition.

Iv'e honestly no idea :)