Party tomorrow

Options
So tomorrow is a party with 35 people coming over and a ton of food/beer and so on. I fear it like going into battle. I'm weak and can easily get a few beers under my belt and a lot of good food. I asked my sweet mother-in-law to leave the dressing on the side for people (read ME) so we can determine how much to put on. I wish I could hibernate like a bear for 1 month.

Anyways any good advice out there?

/Bad

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. One meal, one day isn't going to impact your long term goals one way or the other. I give myself the weekends off. I don't go to the gym and I don't worry about sticking to my calorie goal. Your body and metabolism need changes every now and then in order to avoid plateaus and you need breaks to maintain your sanity. So go to the party, eat, drink, have fun!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Eat a large heathy meal just before the party and drink tons of water the day before and the day of. Make sure there are a lot of healthy alternatives for you to eat at the party as well. Have a room just for the food and have everything else happen away from the food, and then don't go in the food room.

Look up the calorie and fat content of everything likely to be at the party...that's usually pretty depressing :D
  • panda742002
    panda742002 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I always enjoy parties. We still have to live even though we are trying to get healthier. It's the big picture I look at. If you are trying to live a healthier life and trying to exercise. Just eat what you want.

Enjoy a party. Just work out harder tomorrow or Monday.
  • driscollmc
    Options
    i tend to sit on my hands if i know i'm going to reach for something, especially if my family goes out for dinner and there's bread on the table. it looks really goofy, but it works for me! but yeah, maybe sit yourself near a "healthier" snack, or put out a veggie platter and have that sitting in front of you, so if you are going to eat something it's not chips or anything unhealthy. good luck! just remember if you slip up and have one chip it's okay, just have fun at your fiesta!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    short of announcing you've turned vegetarian <G>, drink lots of water beforehand and get in a major workout the morning of. and take a break--make an excuse to run an errand or have a friend call your cell with a crisis and escape for a walk if it's getting to you.
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    i always go running before a party so i have some extra calories to use up... then i eat big salad before, it fills me up so i find myself grabbing little pieces of everything instead of eating as if i was starving lol
  • nfoster2010
    Options
    When I'm in that situation I try and eat a small healthy meal, drink some water to fill up, and get in a really good workout. If you happen to overindulge, just be accountable and know where you stand. I tend to feel like a failure and completely stop when I go off my diet. From experience, it's hard to be perfect, and it's definitely a learning process. I wish you the best! :)
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    What time is the party? It may help if you eat a hearty meal before the party. Make sure to drink plenty of water as it will keep you fuller for longer. You can also try taking a few healthy snacks to the party for yourself.

Oorrr you can just make sure and watch your portion sizes and LOG YOUR FOOD! As for beer- do you like Bud Select? If I'm going to a party that I know involves alcohol, I grab me a six pack of Bud Select before I go. They are only 55 calories per bottle...much less than what I would normally drink!
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    When I'm in that situation I try and eat a small healthy meal, drink some water to fill up, and get in a really good workout. If you happen to overindulge, just be accountable and know where you stand. I tend to feel like a failure and completely stop when I go off my diet. From experience, it's hard to be perfect, and it's definitely a learning process. I wish you the best! :)

I forgot to mention work out afterwards! LOL
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Thats how I feel going into the holiday season just keep on coming here for motivation and support to remind you where you are at and take the advice of others
  • badsnacker
    Options
    Thanks all for your replies. The party is at 3 pm. (5 year old birthday) so I'll have a few light beers (YDRK) and some scrimp it shouldn't be to much. I do not drink enough water that's for sure but thanks all again. :-)