Needs friends to keep me accountable, 35 pounds to lose

Options
Hello all! I am a thirty-two year old female and I successfully lost thirty pounds about a year-and-a-half ago. It was part of a group setting and we had weekly weigh-ins. I used myfitnesspal app with great success and won the weigh-in competition. Unfortunately, I have regained all the weight back and I am great at making excuses. I am ready to do this again, but need friends to keep me accountable on here.
I would love to have friends who are in a similar boat as me - people who are already marathon runners (I admire them) are intimidating for me. Please get back to me and I'll figure out how to add friends. If I am not logging in my food journal, call me out on it. Thanks!

Replies

• reidtuff
    reidtuff Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Allie
    I am a 60 yr old female who has 24 lbs to loose. I have currently lost 16 labs from when I started in Dec last year. My daughter, niece and I had a contest to see who could loose the most in 3 months but we extended our time to April 1st. If you would like to add me I could also use the motivation. I would love to beat these girls at weight loss. I haven't checked in daily but I will start if you add me.
    I win also try to keep my posting of my goals current. I know this will be a great help to me.
    My name is Duke, look forward to hearing from you
  • fitready1
    Options
    Hi Allie and Duke my name is Nickie and I have 30lbs to loose as well! I think we are in the same boat because I want the same as you. I need motivators and I too admire marathon runners. So let's work together to acccomplish our goals!!!! Good Luck and you will hear from me and I want the same from you, as well as others!!!! :)
  • 7Allie
    7Allie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all who have responded and friended me! I am thrilled!
    Earlier today, I almost joined weight watchers, because I really feel like I need
    a friend/community aspect with accountability. I had no idea myfitnesspal members
    would reach out to me the way they have. Thank you!
  • Nickih4619093
    Nickih4619093 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I need to lose 25lbs hopefully by June! I can use some more buddies on here, feel free to add me!!
  • mishka45
    mishka45 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have 30lbs to loose too, feel free to add me too. :smile:
  • lquinn51
    Options
    I also put down a goal of 30 pounds, and have lost a little more then a pound, so I have a long way to go. I have lost and regained my weight more times then I remember. I have not figured out how to add people as friends on this site, but I would also very much like to get some support form other people.
  • MrBryGuy
    MrBryGuy Posts: 115
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm looking to do the same. Want to lose about 28 lbs.
  • R2che
    R2che Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me toooo, :) I've got 26lbs to go :)
  • xenoa
    xenoa Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :) and anyone else as well.
  • krissy0474
    krissy0474 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 31 - want to lose 35 lbs or so. Down 3.3 so far. Add me if you'd like! :drinker:
  • jeanbattalia
    jeanbattalia Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I am just joining the community today. I have 35 pound to lose as well so I am excited to see that so many of you have the same goals! I have been trying to do things pretty much on my own, but I could really use the accountability. Feel free to add me (and anyone else is free to as well!)
  • JMoore221979
    Options
    Hey guys good luck with your goals! If you ever need any questions answered or motivation/accountability give me a shout. I am currently cutting down but I do every spring so its nothing new to me. Just discovered this app and thought it was an easy way to track my macros. The added bonus was seeing all you guys supporting each other on here. Good luck on reaching your goals and a healthy lifestyle!!!!
  • idnac74
    Options
    Hello, please feel free to add me. My goal is 25 lbs.
  • 7Allie
    7Allie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the messages! I am determined to get it done this time! Looks like I have a lot of people willing to help me out when I need it. It is appreciated!
  • Mystyc_Kitty182
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :) I have about 40 pounds to lose! =D
  • sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Similar story, in my mid 50's and lifetime battle! Getting better though, this time I am up only 12 pounds and working on that. But I have been yo' yoing too many times! Sent you a friend request.