road shoes
    calve sleeves
    compression underwear
    dri fit clothing
    also, I just got some Nike blister resistant socks that I love
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    One light coat of baby oil ... and a reflective belt.

This makes me feel better about my tiny selection. You're MUCH more minimalist than me!! ;-)

A belt seems kind of restrictive don't you think?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm still a new runner. I have Brooks Ghost 6 shoes and balega socks that I love. Other than that I just wear whatever workout gear is clean.

I've been told that shoes are the gateway drug though, so I forsee more expensive running gear in my future.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Visibility is important.
  • Shampres
    Shampres Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Everything else can be negotiable, but I must have Smart Wool socks, good running shoes, and a high quality high-impact sports bra. The quality of Smart Wool socks simply cannot be overstated.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    2 pair of shorts with liner
    5 technical short sleeved shirts
    1 pair of tights
    3-4 long sleeved shirts
    2 hats
    SPIBelt
    Compression Socks
    1 pair of "normal" shoes (likely 2 within the next week)
    1 pair of five finger shoes
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Waaaay to much! Literally!

For shoes I have my brooks, my sauconey's, my nike's X 4 (don't judge)
    More lined shorts than I can count
    4 pair running capri's
    too many tanks and sports bra's to count..most Nike, I love their clothes.
    4 headbands
    2 ear warmers
    2 pair tights
    too many socks to count
    2 Nathan running belts
    3 arm bands
    3 pairs of ear buds
    1 pair compression socks
    2 zip up running jackets
    2 short sleeve moisture wicking shirts
    one hand held water bottle/wallet carrier
    2 heart rate monitors with chest straps
    and a partridge in a pair tree...

Thanks for helping me realize that I may have a problem...
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    What's in your running wardrobe?

Running wardrobe?

My whole freaking wardrobe consists of free shirts from charity runs, c9 shorts and sweats from Target, and three pairs of Brooks Adrenaline shoes.

I normally run in sweats or pajama pants and compression shirts with a hoodie over and socks on like mittens. :)

The upside is that I dress a LOT more colorfully now. :)
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I love my New Balance.

I have 2 pairs in rotation
    2 compression pants
    1 compression short
    2 capri length compression pants
    1 wind breaker type jacket
    3/4 zip wicking jacket
    2 sports bras
    3 tanks
    HRM
    Headphones
    Phone
    Head bands to keep the hair out of my face
    and probably other stuff I've forgotten

I haven't been able to find a phone holder I like, so I put in a plastic bag and then it goes in my bra....lol probably not ideal but it works for now.
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    New Balance running shoes (I ONLY run in NB, but will cross train in Nike)
    Two technical running tanks, typically only worn during a race. Otherwise I wear cotton t-shirts or tanks when training.
    A few moisure wicking capris
    Two bras - if you've got tig 'ol bitties, get a Panache or Freya sports bra. Worth every damn penny!
    SPARKLE SKIRTS! I can't seem to run a race without wearing a sparkle skirt. I love them - they're lightweight and frisky and I like to believe that they make me go faster.
    Bike-length shorts (to wear under the sparkle skirts...I have to wear that length otherwise they roll up my tree trunk thighs)
    Headbands - another necessity is those giant hair tie kind of things, as I need to keep the short hairs out of my face.
    Armband - I've tried wearing the traditional sport style armbands but I can't ditch my handmade one purchased off of Etsy (SewPosh Designs)

I live in SoCal so I don't really need to worry about weather/layering. My running-specific wardrobe isn't all that big, but I like it.

I just looked up SewPosh Designs armbands....they are adorable!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    New Balance running shoes (I ONLY run in NB, but will cross train in Nike)
    Two technical running tanks, typically only worn during a race. Otherwise I wear cotton t-shirts or tanks when training.
    A few moisure wicking capris
    Two bras - if you've got tig 'ol bitties, get a Panache or Freya sports bra. Worth every damn penny!
    SPARKLE SKIRTS! I can't seem to run a race without wearing a sparkle skirt. I love them - they're lightweight and frisky and I like to believe that they make me go faster.
    Bike-length shorts (to wear under the sparkle skirts...I have to wear that length otherwise they roll up my tree trunk thighs)
    Headbands - another necessity is those giant hair tie kind of things, as I need to keep the short hairs out of my face.
    Armband - I've tried wearing the traditional sport style armbands but I can't ditch my handmade one purchased off of Etsy (SewPosh Designs)

I live in SoCal so I don't really need to worry about weather/layering. My running-specific wardrobe isn't all that big, but I like it.

I just looked up SewPosh Designs armbands....they are adorable!

Adorable and long lasting! I purchased the one that I currently use in 2011. It is still very much alive and kicking! Only thing is it isn't completely sweat-proof so I do have to take my phone out and wipe it off after a few miles/during a schweddy gym session. I think she updated her materials and now uses a more moisture-resistant lining, but I'm not 100% sure.
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    One sort of odd bit... I do some triathlons as well and love the fit and support of tri shorts which are designed to be worn during all three stages. They have a bit of padding for cycling but it's very thin and you don't really notice it. Very comfy.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    When I first started running, I stuck with whatever I had in my closet. Then I upgraded to NB running sneakers (best choice ever!).

I bought two technical tank tops, a high quality sports bra and a good headband by UA to keep my ears warm. Then when the REALLY cold weather hit, I took the advice given here and bought running tights (1 Nike, 1 UA). This past weekend I got a UA Storm hoodie and a Champion cold gear top.

What's in your running wardrobe? Do you have stuff you wear specifically for running or do you wear whatever's on hand? What are your must haves?? What do you wear on a typical running day? (And what is your weather like?)

Right now I know I want a good pair of gloves, and I'll probably get some more when spring finally gets here, if it ever does!!

I have three thermal running bottom, three thermal running longsleeved tops, eight crop tops, three running tee-shirts, 10 threee-quarter length running bottoms, three pairs of long running bottoms, seven pairs of compression socks, three pairs of runbning gloves, one beanie hat, three tee-shirts that I have gained from various races, ten running bras, one club running technical top, two pairs of racing shorts, two pairs of racing three-quarter length bottoms, two racing lycra sets and five pairs of three-quarter length bottoms that are in there but really shouldn't be because I only wear those when indoors around the house.

Where are my running shoes you may ask - I have four pairs that I rotate that are on a shelf in another room, plus one pair of racing flats.
  • nkovacs1954
    nkovacs1954 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love going out in old grey sweat pants, hooded sweatshirt and great shoes. Lycra? Not for this guy
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options

This makes me feel better about my tiny selection. You're MUCH more minimalist than me!! ;-)

A belt seems kind of restrictive don't you think?

If you wear it loose enough, it shouldn't be too bad. Gotta make sure cars can see you...I only run at night so SOMETHING reflective is imperative.
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I love going out in old grey sweat pants, hooded sweatshirt and great shoes. Lycra? Not for this guy

rocky_balboa_running.jpg

Go get 'em, Rocky!