ladies- how much do you lift?

Options
I don't want this thread to become a competition of who can lift most, but I am curious to know....

What is the maximum weight you can lift (and how, bench, squats etc) and how long did it take you lovely ladies to get there?

thanks for any comments

A lifting newbie

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'ts largely irrelevent because what's heavy for me may be peanuts to you- may be the entire one rep max of someone's entire career to someone else.

It's totally just not a comparable or even useful number. at all.

Heavy = rep range not a number.

that being said-
    at 160/170 my squats and dead lifts are body weight or higher
    Bench is sometimes body weight- sometimes lower- I have bum elbow that is really finicky
    OHP is like 85 lbs max- working reps around 55-75

I've been lifting almost all my life- but focused in the last 3 years.

Shifted to power lifting in the 12-15 months.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    As much as I can!
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Just got back into lifting, so my numbers are low for me right now:

Front Squat: 120
    Full deadlift: 135
    Romanian Deadlift: 180
    Bench: 65
    OHP: 45

I'm 5'8" and about 160.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm not near my max weights since i'm focusing more on increasing my running endurance and it's impossible for me to push both while eating at a deficit.

my current (as of last workout) numbers are (for 5*5)
    5*5 squats (120), bench (105), ohp (45), deadlifts(180), bb row (90), snatch (30), front squat (65), overhead squat (45), power clean (55), turkish get ups (15)

generally speaking i increase my weights by 5 pounds each time i lift and i lift 2-3 times a week. and i restarted from olympic bar (except for snatch and ohp which i restarted with a lighter bar because of shoulder issues)
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    At my max:
    squats 245lbs
    dead lift 225lbs
    bench press 135lb
    OHP 95lbs
    leg press 650lbs
    front squat 135lbs

These are at 5-8 reps, took about 8-10 months of consistent training.
    I am no longer trying to reach those numbers. I am working on my edurance.
    So right now I am ok with :

squats 185lbs
    dead lift 135lbs
    bench press 95lb
    OHP 75lbs
    leg press ??? <<<<<havent done this at all
    front squat 100lbs
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and about 117 lbs. Current lifts are:
    Squat 120 lbs, 3x5
    Deadlift 115 lbs, 1x5
    Power Clean 75 lbs, 3x5
    OHP 50 lbs, 3x5
    Bench 55 lbs - today I did this for my last set, it felt great I could have done it for all three possibly could have lifted more
    Pullups - today I did 3 sets of 8 reps, then 7 reps, then 6 reps using my purple resistance band as an assist

I started lifting heavy last February but a two week break from lifting turned into three and a half months. Not cool. I lost a lot of strength but it's coming back fast.
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with JoRocka, so many variables at play, the only competition is with yourself. A larger person will be able to lift more weight. Also some people use crap form and then claim big numbers.

These aren't my 1 Rep Max or anything, just what I do for working sets.

Bench: 105 lbs
    Squats: 150 lbs
    Overhead Press: 75 lbs (always a struggle)
    Deadlifts: 220 lbs

I'm 5'2" and weigh 133. I've been working on this about 1.5 years. I started with the Stronglifts program, tried NROLFW for awhile, back to Stronglifts and now doing Wendler's 5/3/1.
  • nknjansen
    nknjansen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a deficit right now, but my the big lift part of my routine right now is:

Deads: 125lbs x 8
    Squat: 105lbs x 10
    Incline bench: 55lbs x 10

1 rep maxes I can recall at about 10-20 lbs more than I am right now were:
    Dead: 175
    Bench: 90
    Squat: 135

Been lifting since May 2013.
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Doing some testing at my gym this week, and my current numbers are:

Squat: 215x1, 205x3

Deadlift: 265x1, 245x3

Bench Press: 125x1, 115x3

Clean: 145x1

Front squat: 185x1

edit to add I've been lifting two years on and off.

edited again to add I'm about 5'9" and about 160#.
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting for a few years. About 4 months ago I switched to heavy (for me) lifting.

These are my recent numbers for my working sets. I can lift each of these weights for sets of 8-10 reps and often for several sets at the max weight. I am a stickler for form.

Squats-140lbs (I can go heavier probably but have been perfecting my form before trying to PR again)

Leg Press-340lbs

Bench Press-90lbs (Upper body strength is my biggest obstacle)

Deadlift- 100lbs

Rows- 80lb barbell (or 40lb db's each side)

Cable Rows- 120lbs

Cable Wide Grip Pull-downs- 120lbs

Cable Crunch- 87.5lbs (MY FAVORITE AB EXERCISE!)
  • Trundlegate
    Trundlegate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - this is very inspirational.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Just got back into lifting, so my numbers are pretty lame at the moment:

Front Squat: 120
    Full deadlift: 135
    Romanian Deadlift: 180
    Bench: 65
    OHP: 45

Yeah, lame, but I'm working up.

I'm 5'8" and about 160.

Agree with JoRocka and would also like to say that calling your numbers lame in a thread like this is silly. They may be lame to you but your numbers will be higher than others on certain lifts and you wouldn't want to imply that anyone else's numbers are lame, now would you?

For me? This is doing 3x5 for the most part. I've been lifting for about 6 months, first 5 I was eating at a deficit, just the last 3 weeks in a surplus:

Squat: 95
    Deadlift: 115
    Bench: 87
    OHP: 62
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Agree with JoRocka and would also like to say that calling your numbers lame in a thread like this is silly. They may be lame to you but your numbers will be higher than others on certain lifts and you wouldn't want to imply that anyone else's numbers are lame, now would you?

You are right. I had a bad workout yesterday, and I've been really irritable about it all day. Apologies. Will edit my post.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

You are right. I had a bad workout yesterday, and I've been really irritable about it all day. Apologies. Will edit my post.

No worries. I've been having a rough time with my workouts as well lately as I would like my numbers to be higher especially on squat/deadlifts. I've had to tell myself that comparing myself to others is *not* something I can do. Lifting heavy is relative and if I'm struggling to get that last rep in, then I'm doing something right.
  • roz250
    roz250 Posts: 23
    Options
    Current lifts at 5'4" and 180lbs, eating at a deficit (prepping for a bench-press meet, so my other training has been on the back-burner for the past month)

Bench Press- 125x7 (Rep PR), I put up a 1RM 'joker' two weeks ago at 135, and have a projected actual 1RM of 150
    Squat- 115x16
    Deadlift- 138x25
    OHP- 75x12

I have several meets planned this year, with the 'biggie' being in August, where I want to lift at 165, press 200+ and pull (deadlift) 300+.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and about 130 lbs. I started lifting 2 months, ago. My current lifts are:

Squats: 110x3x5
    Deadlift: 110x3x5
    OHP: 40x3x5
    Bench: 55x3x5

Not a huge amount, but I'm pretty proud of my progress. Hitting triple digits on TWO lifts last week was awesome! :happy:
  • bjwasilko
    bjwasilko Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I was in my 20s and early 30s, I thought the measurement of fitness was how much I could lift... walking around the gym I could even give a lot of men a run for their money, and that power felt great and seductive. But I had no idea my joints were taking a real beating for it. I am 5ft. 5in, and at the time, I weighed 125-130lbs. I'd often lift 3x my body weight for lower body. Stacking several 100lb plates on the leg press gave me some kind of control over my own body, or so I thought. But now that I'm in my mid 40s, I've learned a few things... unfortunately too late, as I had my left knee completely replaced 2/15/13 (20 years before most people have them). My ortho said I had the knees of a retired NFL player. Now I'm thankful just to be able to bike 10 miles and squat my own weight (and I'm not allowed to deep squat). My surgeron said I can no longer do mixed martial arts, no running, no skiing, and my knee can only manage 125 degree bend. I still lift weights, but it's not for some power trip. It's to lose the 70 pounds I gained from having so much arthritis and joint surgeries, that I couldn't even manage a walk around the block for exercise. So, if you are young and want to enjoy lifting well into your later years (YES,,, you will be my age one day), moderation is the key.... STAY AWAY FROM THE TRAP OF LIFTING TOO HEAVY!!! As a matter of fact, I'm having synvisc shots next week for the right knee, because my orthopedic surgeron wants to hold off on that replacement for at least 2 years. Be healthy for life, not just today. :)