High carbs snack suggestions?

Options
I eat a healthy diet I'm an ectomorph but always hungry been trying to get my protein up but I'm going grocery shopping on Friday and need some snacks I can buy that our healthy and that have a good Carb/protein ratio?

I eat protein bars but those get tiring after a while. What do you suggest?

Something I can grab and go and that low in sugar.

My snacks so far have been->

Pure protein bars chocolate deluxe

Rice cakes cheddar

Cashews but I don't really care for nuts

And pretzel with salsa

Also Bananas and blueberries

But nothing feels me up so I need a few new things to eat for snacks?

What do you suggest.

Btw i don't like cottage cheese and can't stand plain Greek yogurt so those are out of the question.

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    First off, just about all carbs are pretty unfulfilling. Something high in fiber can help that though. Quest bars are good because they have 16-17g of fiber and 20g of protein. Quite filling.

For high carb snacks, I tend to gravitate towards oatmeal. You can make instant oatmeal pretty quickly. I've even made shakes with protein powder and ground oatmeal for a quick source of carbs and protein at the same time.

If I want something crunchy I tend to lean towards things like triscuits or wheat thins too.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I eat a healthy diet I'm an ectomorph but always hungry been trying to get my protein up but I'm going grocery shopping on Friday and need some snacks I can buy that our healthy and that have a good Carb/protein ratio?

I eat protein bars but those get tiring after a while. What do you suggest?

Something I can grab and go and that low in sugar.

My snacks so far have been->

Pure protein bars chocolate deluxe

Rice cakes cheddar

Cashews but I don't really care for nuts

And pretzel with salsa

Also Bananas and blueberries

But nothing feels me up so I need a few new things to eat for snacks?

What do you suggest.

Btw i don't like cottage cheese and can't stand plain Greek yogurt so those are out of the question.
    Make your own granola bars, healthier, reduce sugar and higher protein. Make fresh salsa at home - store bought too much sodium.

Plain Greek yogurt - add frozen fruit - bananas, strawberries, mangoes, blueberries etc, even almond or peanut butter. A Lot cheaper than the store and no added sugar.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    High carb snack: Donut.

HEALTHY high carb snack? Oatmeal, fruit, Quest Bars (Actually, most Quest bars have more fiber, which I deduct from my daily carb intake anyway, yay!).
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Someone in here posted a recipe for cookies made from mashed banana and oats. I altered it by using baked mashed sweet potato (I'm sure canned pumpkin would work too). Just mash up about a cup of sweet potato, mix in enough oats to make a somewhat crumbly mixture, drop from tablespoon, and bake at 350 for about 15 mins. I mix in pumpkin pie spice and raisins. I'm sure nuts would be good too. The original post is called something like "three ingredient cookies". They only really last a couple of days if you don't refrigerate them.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    confused.

you want a carb... and something that fills you up???

I mean- protein and fat = full.

carbs= delicious stuff that is high calories that I need that means i can eat more of everything else.

hard boiled eggs are my go to "snack"
    yogurts
    and ice cream... and cookies.

protein + carbs.
    full of win.
  • gbasurto10
    gbasurto10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you're having a hard time meeting your carb requirements for the day I'm a big fan of Low Fat Pop-Tarts. Not the healthiest option. But, you're looking at 75g of carbs per packet with only 5g of fat.
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Karbolyn
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Grits and eggs (shrimp)

Oatmeal and milk

Peanuts and dried fruits

Cheese and crackers

White rice and boiled eggs

No cook pudding and greek yogurt

Hummus and vegetables

Yogurt and frozen fruit

Peanut butter, oatmeal, and protein powder shake
  • lindseyas1
    lindseyas1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love rice cakes with almond butter. Carb, protein, and fat. Pretty satisfying. Light string cheese is good too-portable and filling for about 50 calories. I do wraps a lot too-whole wheat tortillas spread with hummus or guac with spinach, peppers, turkey, beans, olives, or lettuce, ect. Pretty much anything easy to roll up and carry. I make them the night before and just toss them in a lunch bag for lunch or snacks.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I do turkey jerky. The protein helps with the satiated feeling.
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Try making your own muffins or breakfast bars. There's loads of recipes on food websites and you can change it up week to week. Add seeds and protein powder for a more balanced bar :) hope this helps.
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Sandwich with whole wheat bread
    Bagel and cheese
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining my weight on these snacks:

string cheese
    boiled eggs
    pretzels