Eating out at Applebees?

Options
Applebees certainly isn't where I would choose to spend "eating out" calories, but I owe my son a date there and he's decided to cash in today.

So- any suggestions on something decent to get there? I haven't eaten there in years. I've looked at their menu but nothing looks really awesome (except stuff that just isn't weight loss friendly haha).

Thought maybe someone would have been there recently and would have a suggestion.

Thanks
xox

Replies

• toolzz
    toolzz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    when I was there they had a 500 calorie section on their menu and everything looked decent.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Applebees has a really great menu for people watching their intake...I would look their nutrition info up online and write down a few things that are in your calorie budget.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I recommend a more private setting for this....

Oh wait...never mind...

On a serious note, they have one of the better under 500 calorie menus around...the main entrees though are notoriously calorie dense.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I often just ask for a "to go" box when I place my order, then put 1/2 of whatever I ordered right in it when it comes. That way I eat what I want for dinner and for lunch.
  • jilly1342
    jilly1342 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The lemon parmesan shrimp is amazing! I get a salad instead of the rice and put the shrimp on top.
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Roma pepper steak !!! It's da bomb
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It is pretty good eating in the neighborhood
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Looking at their menu it looks like they've changed the 500 calorie menu a bit since I've been there - smaller now - but I like the signature sirloin w/shrimp.
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I just went there last week and had the parmesan shrimp and sirloin steak listed in the under 550 calories catagory. It was delcious. SO much flavor and very tender. I was really impressed..
  • Mama2twocutekiddos
    Options
    Great, thanks guys.

I'm dairy free which makes things tricky... It's always nice to have suggestions.
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Their under 500 menu is decent and I like the steak on there, at least at the Applebee's that I've eaten at here in Vegas.

Stay away from the fried green beans. They taste good but they are so awful for you. I know everyone is thinking "duh!" it says fried in the title. I keep seeing green beans! LOL
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've only eaten at Applebees once and everything I ate only stayed inside for about 15 minutes. How do you log that?