What should my goal weight be? Need a weight loss buddy

Options
Hi! I am new here (just joined like minutes ago!)
I currently weigh 185, underneath all the fluff I have a actually very small frame.
Shape wise I am definitely a pear, even now (with the weight) I have a noticeable pear shape (probably because the majority of my weight goes to my butt and thighs :bigsmile: ). I am 5ft10 or 70inches, or 177(.8) cm, so fairly tall.

For sports
I regularly participate in track but I have no endurance/energy anymore so I am basically lugging myself through the entire thing :frown: ,I do regularly go swimming though but not of any strenuous activity
I used to do figure skating for recreational purposes (I would like to once again)
and I am currently interested in joining either ballet, gymnastics, or (speed/jump) skiing.
I also recreationally skateboard and ride my bike
My fantasy is 130-140, What do you think?

EDIT: Note I am a female :tongue:

Replies

• DCINTEL
    Options
    Bump
  • DCINTEL
    Options
    Bump Bump, I need answers! :D
  • mad4beinhere
    mad4beinhere Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Goals are different for every one, I would think that you would need a mental goal of where you want to be. WHere in the past were you happy with your figure and weight and go from there.
  • krispy1982
    krispy1982 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I agree with above for sure. You could search the forums for 5'10" and maybe even find some success stories for ladies your height to just get a visual? My sister is 5'9" and around 160 and looks awesome! You could start with something like that and re- evaluate when you get close? Or make a dress size or fitness goal instead and let the scale do what it wants? (Easier said than done, I know)
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Idk im 5'6 my goal is 140. Your much taller so prob start with 160-170 you can always change it as you go. Aim for a particilar size is a great idea.
  • echoslug
    echoslug Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    If you want to fit - ie have endurance and strength- I'd shoot for 140-145 to start. Weight is often a very relative judge of fitness. For instance someone who is 150 but as 19% body fat is going to look better than someone who is 135 but has a 29% body fat.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I'd go with a goal "look" or size/measurements, rather than a weight. I never dreamed I'd be 133lbs, or even 150, but I'm still not where I want to be. Other people I've seen originally set themselves for a goal much higher than they actually ended up being happy and looking great at.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", hourglass shaped, and felt my best at about 155. I was also able to maintain it without extreme effort. My body fat was about 22% at the time, so that makes a big difference. i'd say start with a higher goal and adjust is as you go, if needed, but concentrate on your clothes size and body fat % more than weight.
  • rdkstar
    rdkstar Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.10 also but a lot older. I am currently shooting for 150. In high school, I did gymnastics and was very fit. Back then I weighed 140. You could probably do it but it is a huge goal. I think that you should set a smaller goal first. When you get there, set a new goal.
  • ellehcimyelhsa
    Options
    I'm 5'10 also. I got down to 152ish last year and was still looking to lose about 5 more lbs. I fell off the wagon and I'm starting over at 175 lbs. I will be your weight loss buddy! Add me :)