Glad To Be Here

Options
I do so much better on the weight-loss front with a community like this one.

I've gotten so large that my knee is in constant pain when I walk, and I've had to get a hinged knee brace to lessen the stress on it. I'd really love to get rid of enough of my extra weight that I won't have to worry about using it anymore.

Looking forward to getting to know the folks here.

Replies

• beachcalsix
    beachcalsix Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you and good luck! just take it one day at a time, one week at a time. I do better with weight loss on a forum too. It seems like it goes slow but the results are worth it. I have been taking it 5 lbs at a time. I'm not rushing but it is hard :D Lots of luck, hope you lose that knee brace asap :)
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 47years old and I live in So Cal too (near Temecula). I've lost 70# since April. I have a lot more to lose, but I'm on my way!
  • SumaireWeb
    Options
    Thanks!

Am I the only one who wants to smack what I call the "sweet young things" on TV who bemoan the 20 pounds overweight that they are?

I always feel like smacking them and saying " I WISH I was only 20 pounds overweight, chickieboo!". (or am I out of line, feeling that way?)
  • beachcalsix
    beachcalsix Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    awesome! congrats on your results! That is inspiring, I'm in So cal too near Ventura.
  • SumaireWeb
    Options
    Hi, I'm 47years old and I live in So Cal too (near Temecula). I've lost 70# since April. I have a lot more to lose, but I'm on my way!
    Downtown LA for me. I live up on a nasty hill, which makes it nearly impossible for me to do much walking with the knee issues. Fortunately, we have a gym in our building, so I'll start using that as things start skinnying up more. ;)

Congrats on the 70# :)
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I've heard the last 20# is the hardest to lose, so I try not to judge too harshly. I look forward to the day when I have my last 20# to go, and hope someone can be inspired by my accomplishments & relate to my struggles. :)
  • SumaireWeb
    Options
    I guess that the issue for me might be the "perkiness" of the spokesmodels being used in things like Slimfast ads.

I'm a writer, and I don't do "perky" very well. LOL The cat in my avatar is one of my two feline owners, and his expression says it all.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Good luck, you got this!
  • JMoore221979
    Options
    Hey there good luck to you we all wish you the best of luck. Your comment about the twenty somethings on tv made me laugh, thanks for that! In the end who cares about them, what is important is your goals and what you want.
  • frodopuppy
    Options
    I understand what your saying but once upon a time I was 60 pounds overweight and I struggle everyday not to get that way again. It's not easy, just remember some of us will always remember the struggle it was to get here. I'm rooting for you. Good luck on your journey.
  • SumaireWeb
    Options
    I've got to get rid of over half of my current body weight, and that really sucks to realize.

I'll get there, it's just going to take time to accomplish, I know.

I'm disabled and that limits my opportunities to exercise, so I'm making sure that I make note of the calorie usage of whatever I do (beyond the basal stuff) to be sure that something is going on, exertion-wise. Even typing (which I do for several hours a day, five days a week), uses them up. Who knew that being an author could be a good thing beyond creating reading material, eh? LOL