First 5K ran!

Options
BobbyDaniel
BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
Verily, verily I say unto thee, the fat boy hath runneth! Ran my first 5K this morning, the Jingle Bell Run in Lake Charles, LA and finished it in 29:04 if I'm not mistaken. My time was a bit off from what I have been running at the track, I think the hardness of the road compared to the rubberized track made that difference. I still finished in the middle of the pack though, so I'm happy with my time for a first time!

Replies

• Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Well done :smile:

I've just started running again (after a 20 year break lol) and I'm halfway through c25k so I'm hoping to get there soon myself. :drinker:
  • priskar
    priskar Posts: 156
    Options
    WhooHoo!!! Congratulations!! Way proud of you, a fellow MFPer! Hopefully, next year I'll run my first one. So excited for you! Jingle them bells! :D
  • lashleyrivera
    Options
    great job!!! i run my next sat!! ill def keep you in mind :)))
  • Christie_78
    Christie_78 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! I tried one back in March when I was still around 340 pounds..man oh man it kicked my tail but I did it (horrible time of like 46 minutes). I hope to try one again soon to see how different it will be running with 80 + pounds gone! Doesn't it feel so awesome to cross the line? It's a rush!!

Again, congrats to you!!
  • Jrak1980
    Jrak1980 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That's great, congrats! I ran my first 5K last spring and I did another in the summer. Haven't ran one since then. I go in spurts with my running, and I really need new shoes but really don't want to shell out the $170 needed. I run weird so I have to get supports put in my shoes so my shin splints to flare up. Such an expensive sport...lol
  • karisamh
    karisamh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That is great.....now you have another goal ----to beat that run!! Way To Go! Awesome Job!!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am so excited for you. That is awesome.

Yeah !!

I can't wait until I can make the same type of post.

- Eva
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Will continue running, already registered for another 5K in February and will also begin the Bridge to 10K at some point next year in hopes of running the Cajun Cup 10K in Lafayette next fall.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!