Hi! Losing 10 pounds in 50 days?

Options
I'm going on vacation april 18th and really want to be down ten pounds.
My weight has been a bit of a roller coaster, partially due to growing up, partially due to stress/depression and what not.
Two years ago I was at 100 pounds, a year later 110, and now around 122. (I'm 5'4'' btw)
I used to run a lot (6-7 miles a day) and that definitely helped however I basically stopped running around a year ago so I'm in terrible shape and I've had difficulty getting started again. Anyhow it's winter, there's lots of snow, so it's hard to get out and run.
Here's my plan in general:
Lose 1.5 pounds a week (cut 750 calories out per day, eat around 1300 calories a day)

Does anyone have some indoor exercises that I can do with weights, a yoga mat, and my own body that burn around 500 calories? Come March I'll be able to get out there and run again.
Any tips would be great! I'm very lost right now!

Replies

• kayedani89
    Options
    Check youtube. There are a ton of free exercises on there one is fitness blender . Good luck!
  • ryanhendrickson833
    Options
    It will be very hard to burn 500 Calories unless you're going do something like the Insanity workout. You need to do cardio ... I live in North Dakota and it is snow and ice all the time and I run everyday all you have to do is get some things called Yak Tracks and they have spikes on them for 20$ you can get on amazon if that easier for you. If you don't do cardio you are going to do about 2.5 hours of working out everyday or you can do 30 to 60 of cardio depending on pace and you will do 500 cal.
  • leannegray31
    Options
    If you really want to challenge yourself with minimal equipment, look to exercises that use your whole body and take you through a broad range of motion - squat thrusts/burpees immediately come to mind. There are lots of things you can do with kettlebells (swings, snatches, turkish get-ups) - some of them even work pretty decently with dumbells. If you have the space for it, jumping rope is pretty kick-*kitten* indoor cardio and a jump rope is a lot cheaper than a treadmill. Shadow-boxing, dancing.... Videos are handy because you don't need to figure out what you're going to do on your own, but they're not strictly necessary. But there are a lot loaded on youtube if you need inspiration but don't want to spend a lot of money (just watch your bandwidth if that's an issue).