Hi all! Should I tone up more?

Options
Hello!

I'm 5'2" and about 110 pounds. I'm trying to lose about 6 pounds on myfitnesspal...should I just maintain? Or do I need to tone up?

Picture in the link: http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/78902082@N05/12802668045/sizes/m/

Thanks!

Replies

• Dedshot
    Dedshot Posts: 145
    Options
    In for the responses to the word "tone"

But for real OP, why do you think you need to lose 6 pounds? You're an acceptable weight for your height and you look pretty healthy to me, definitely on the thin side.
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    You will be underweight if you lose 6 pounds IMO. But some muscle tones would be good for you, just because you look a bit skinny-fat to me...not a bad thing, you are probably young and not into strength training. For overall health, it would be nice to tone up (as in, focus on building muscles as opposed to reducing number on the scale).
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    More muscle is always better than less muscle.

Give strength training a try and see how you like it. You can do whatever you'd like and follow whatever program you like. Read up on the internet and pay attention to the forums for ideas on where to begin.

I recommend Starting Strength, Strong Lifts 5X5, and youtube videos. New Rules of Lifting is also good if you want to read it.
  • chubbs43
    Options
    Is this a joke????you look awesome????
  • Babes1986
    Babes1986 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I say tone a little bit. You look great right now but toned is always nice in a bikini
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Toning up, will make you gain muscle which could actually make you gain weight. BUT when you're that small, the number on the scale shouldn't matter as much. Any toned body always looks great. Adding muscles will get your body tight, and who doesn't want that?
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and 110.5-113.5. With muscles. So I can definitely tell you - please do not worry about those 6 pounds, you are healthy NOW.
  • leighann881
    Options
    You're fat. Lose weight.

Obviously I'm kidding but I'll give an absurd answer to an absurd question. This isn't a question you should even ask anyone but yourself. Stop seeking attention for self worth and decide what is best for yourself. Once you decide your goals, this place has tons of advice on how to attain your goals.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I think you look beautiful OP. But it's really up to you. Do you want to be more toned?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    eat in a slight deficit maybe 100 calories per day deficit..

lift heavy using compound movements = deadlifts, barbell squat, bench press, overhead press, rows, pull ups/chin ups..I would suggest new rules of lifting for woman and starting strength as good resources..

work out in sets of 4 with 8 -10 reps each ..

Maybe do cardio once or twice a week …or just do HIIT and no steady state...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!