Heart Rate Monitor

Options
I was looking at getting a heart monitor and been looking at the Polar FT7. I'm looking for information from anyone who has had experience with HRM, or if someone has used this one. I'm a newbie. I just want something that is fairly accurate and gives me a calorie burn.

Replies

• ccopley33
    ccopley33 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar heart rate monitor and I love it! Very easy to use and you can easily track the calories you burn. Definitely worth getting because most people overestimate how many calories they are actually burning when they exercise.
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have an FT4 and love it. Super easy to use
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have a polar HRM, got the best price on amazon. Love it, wear it daily.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    When I was looking at HRM a few years ago I went back and forth between the FT4 & FT7... I opted for the FT4. I didn't need the extra bells and whistles.

Still using mine several years later.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I got a F11 about 15 years ago and it keeps on ticking. It's great!
  • I have the FT4 - LOVE it. On sale at london drugs last week!
  • billyswife0516
    Options
    I as well have the FT4 and love it. Very, very easy to use!!
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7. I do like it but by the end of the day can not wait to get that chest strap off. I'm looking at getting something that I can wear on my wrist instead. Not sure it will be as accurate at the Polar FT7 though. Good luck!
  • craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 as well. I love it. Yes, you have to wear a chest strap, but it's not meant to be worn all day, only during exercise. It will give you better calorie counts than the machines at the gym, because you are inputting your info (height, weight, age, sex etc). You can also update it as you make gains/losses, so it remains accurate.

I got mine at www.heartratemonitorsusa.com for about $75, which includes the strap. Cheapest I found around.
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    polar is great, only one to really track your heart rate and tell you average calories burned. most others track your activity. if for example you lift weights a fit bit won't help you know what you're burning while lifting. so it all depends on your goals and activity.